lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #11
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: time for new shocks?? 2004 CC DS

Hunter for $26 I would take a gamble hoping that the shocks would work. Let use know how it worked out. Don't forget to order the bushings.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2018, 02:39 PM   #12
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
These shocks fit both the DS and Precedent. They are a tremendous improve from stock shocks.
https://www.amazon.com/Monroe-31176-...s=Monroe+31176
If you look at that page it also has the Monroe MA705 Max-Air Adjust Shock Absorber as an additional purchase. Anyone ever tried those on the rear of a DS for the extra $20. Wondering if they would hit the leafs of not.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I use these shocks for the front. But you need to modify them. You need to remove the large top and bottom bushings. Then replace them with a normal CC bushing which are used on all the leaf springs. Then you can fit them in position using the original hardware. They are a little long so you only get to use about 2 inches of the shock travel. It doesn't give you a automotive smooth ride but it is a great improvement over the do nothing stock shocks. All my driving is done on city streets with all of the potholes and manhole covers. I have no idea if these would work on a DS Model.

https://www.amazon.com/Monroe-555002...002+Gas-Magnum
I was excited at first on this shock, but after further checking: I just measured my 2006 Precedent with an All Sports 4" lift and the stock shock with about 1" of travel available is at a resting length of 8.5". I dont see how this shock could possibly work with a compressed length of 8.6". See attached spec sheet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Monroe 555002 Shock.jpg (185.9 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #14
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, with my 6" Allsports lift the center to center measurement between front shock bolts is 8.5 inches on my DS at rest. Also, that OAL measurement of 1-5/16" on the data sheet has me concerned. If that is the distance from outside edge of bushings then most likely they would not fit up in the channel of the shock tower on the DS.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #15
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pingeye I don't know about your situation with the lift, but they do work on a stock Precedent cart. I can't speak for the DS. See picture. I have no way of accurately measuring but they appear to have about 1.5-2" of travel. Also keep in mind that this is a real gas shock that works not a stock shock.
They had more travel when I had the 5/8 lift block but I removed it because I didn't like how it bowed the wheels out.

One other thing is I'm hoping that when I get Lithium batteries and lose all that weight that they will be less compressed with more travel
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:45 PM   #16
WKocurek
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I use these shocks for the front. But you need to modify them. You need to remove the large top and bottom bushings. Then replace them with a normal CC bushing which are used on all the leaf springs. Then you can fit them in position using the original hardware. They are a little long so you only get to use about 2 inches of the shock travel. It doesn't give you a automotive smooth ride but it is a great improvement over the do nothing stock shocks. All my driving is done on city streets with all of the potholes and manhole covers. I have no idea if these would work on a DS Model.

https://www.amazon.com/Monroe-555002...002+Gas-Magnum
WalterM6 - I'm going to install these on my stock '11 Precedent and I had a question about your install method. I removed the stock bushings on the new shocks as you recommended, but was wondering if you used 1 or 2 of the CC bushings on each end to account for the stock bushing. I ask because I have found the outer flange of the CC bushing will fit inside the shock mount and it seems like it would be a little more stable with one on each end of the shock mount. My plan was to grind off a little of each one so they would fit end to end.
WKocurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car