lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
Boosted15
Not Yet Wild

Default Western build help

Okay guys I have a 2001 western cart that has a 42 volt system in it. The batteries are toast and need replacing.
I want to do a lithium conversion but need some direction from people that have been successful in this. The benefits including weight reduction using lithium batteries seems huge.
I have also lowered the cart but not sure yet if I like it like that or want to lift it. And will be getting different wheels and tires. Will also be adding a rear seat. This cart is for my wife but I am making it reliable and fitting for our entire family to enjoy.
Boosted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
Boosted15
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Western build help

Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boosted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:00 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Western build help

Use the search function to find other threads about lithium conversions. Quite a few people here have done it, but I think a lot of people are still waiting for an easier/more economical solution. There is a place called ev battery center that was selling diy kits for a good price. A lot of the lithium conversions I sawhere were done with their products. However, a key person in that company had some unfortunate health issues, and they’re still not back to supplying diy kits. There are other guys that have sourced their stuff other places, but cost and ease for those of us that don’t know what we’re doing seem to be prohibitive at this point.

Search those threads, and if you come across other solutions, or have some helpful knowledge yourself, please post. Also, post specific questions about the rest of your build, along with plenty of pics as you go.

Good luck
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO