lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #1
larry17901
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1999 Ezgo motor runs but wont go?

I just had my controller rebuilt, I took the cart for a ride and at first it ran fine, then reverse went out then no forward. Motor runs but it wont go so I jacked it up and the wheels spin and only forward though even when it's in reverse. Hub and axle nut are spinning together as one, so I know it's not the hub splines...is there a shear pin or bad axle going into the motor????
larry17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 Ezgo motor runs but wont go?

If you hold the wheel does the castellated but on the middle still spin? If so, it’s a stripped hub. Very common on Ez Go’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
larry17901
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hub and castle nut are spinning together.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry17901 View Post
Hub and castle nut are spinning together.
Is it a PDS Cart? F/R switch on the dash?
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:02 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry17901 View Post
I just had my controller rebuilt, I took the cart for a ride and at first it ran fine, then reverse went out then no forward. Motor runs but it wont go so I jacked it up and the wheels spin and only forward though even when it's in reverse. Hub and axle nut are spinning together as one, so I know it's not the hub splines...is there a shear pin or bad axle going into the motor????
Might be more then one problem.
1. Goes forward when in reverse, tires off ground. If it is a DCS drive (Run/Tow switch on controller cover), the controller defaults to forward and has the be told to go in reverse by putting voltage on pin-4. Could be bad reverse microswitch on F/R assembly or could be a bad controller.

2. Motor runs but wheels don't turn with tires on ground. In addition to the splines between axle and hub there are splines one the other end of the axles between axle and differential gear, plus splines between motor shaft and input gear. Also might be a broken axle.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
larry17901
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It's a DCS cart, I just had the controller rebuilt, took it for a ride and it was fine, went to put it in reverse and nothing so I pulled into my garage and raised the rear end. It goes forward but not right away and when I switch it to reverse it still goes forward....drop it down and it just shutters and won't go under load. The hub and axle nut are turning together as one so I'm stumped.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO