lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #21
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yewey or DPI

So, the batteries don't look too bad to me. However, I'm concerned the voltage doesn't come up enough before charger cuts off. This could still be a battery or a charger problem.
Any chance you can borrow another charger and see if it can bring the voltage up around 60v before shutting off?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #22
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
So, the batteries don't look too bad to me. However, I'm concerned the voltage doesn't come up enough before charger cuts off. This could still be a battery or a charger problem.
Any chance you can borrow another charger and see if it can bring the voltage up around 60v before shutting off?

That’s my next trial. Hopefully borrowing one today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:35 AM   #23
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also, how do you use this cart? Have you noticed a decrease in range lately?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #24
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Also, how do you use this cart? Have you noticed a decrease in range lately?

During deer season mostly. All was good until two weeks ago when i noticed it did not charge fully. Up until then resting pack voltage has been 50.9-51 volts. I checked the charger and it was flashing red twice meaning less than .5 volts per cell. I haven’t really used it much since January but to ride the neighborhood.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:29 PM   #25
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

No luck with the different charger..... guess I’m shopping batteries. My local shop where i purchased the cart said they don’t carry crown any longer due to the issues they have had lately????

Old 05-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Crown is one of the best ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #27
mdav
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

That’s what I’ve always heard and read.
Thanks for everyone’s help.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:54 PM   #28
Jmzvet
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Statement or a question?
Jmzvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #29
Spartan Mark
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

So to keep this thread going a little longer... comparing the Yewy and DPI Gen IV... My cart spends a good six months unattended (i.e. it's stored/ignored)
over the winter months in mid-Michigan. Folks around here have said to fully charge them,
take off both positive and negative pack leads, flip it to "tow" and walk away. I did that last fall, and to my surprise, the DVM showed all six over 6.5 volts. I hooked
the cables back up this spring and charged them, took the charger off for a day then recharged at least two more times. They seem to be holding their own now at
around 80%+ even after charge, so I can live with that for the amount of usage I give it.

My question, after reading several threads about the DPI charger, I assume I could leave the cables connected, put it in "tow" and leave the DPI connected and
powered up in the fall and things should be just fine with the batteries in the spring. Would the same be true for the Yewy? Or is this just a stupid idea to leave the charger
connected over the 6-month layoff? Since I snow-bird to AZ in the winter, I don't have the luxury to check on them periodically. I look forward to the engaging conversations this will generate.
Spartan Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO