lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
Lakemurrayriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO RXV Torque?

I'm looking at the ezgo rxv electric for a hunting cart. What upgrades do I need on this cart to get 20-25 mph and torque. I'm not to familiar with this cart. Can you buy controllers for this cart or speed and torque motors? I will be putting a 6" lift with 14 in wheels and 23" tires. Thanks. I'm also considering the TXT.
Lakemurrayriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2018, 03:11 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV Torque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemurrayriverrat View Post
I'm looking at the ezgo rxv electric for a hunting cart. What upgrades do I need on this cart to get 20-25 mph and torque. I'm not to familiar with this cart. Can you buy controllers for this cart or speed and torque motors? I will be putting a 6" lift with 14 in wheels and 23" tires. Thanks. I'm also considering the TXT.
If you want torque and hill-climbing ability, do not use tires larger than 20.5". No matter whether you use a TXT or an RXV, going overboard on tire size is the most common mistake made by cart owners. The RXV has the most torque for the least amount of money, but if you go with 23" tires, it will impact the low speed motor current calculations. The VCL (Vehicle Control Language) in the controller can only handle up to the afore-mentioned 20.5" tires using the default calibrations. Recalibrating will allow the controller to accept larger tires, but it will not restore lost torque. It's simple math. Larger tires reduce torque to the ground on any vehicle! There is an upgrade controller available for the RXV. You would want a mid-2012 or newer RXV.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:40 AM   #3
Lakemurrayriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, what controller do you recommend? Thanks
Lakemurrayriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:54 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemurrayriverrat View Post
Thanks, what controller do you recommend? Thanks
The reprogrammed stock 235 Amp Curtis RXV controller is still the best bang for the buck! If you're wanting more, you can get the 350 Amp upgrade Curtis RXV controller and we can reprogram it as well. The current ratings are a bit deceptive, a 235 Amp 3 phase AC controller will max out at 705 Amps of combined 3 phase power to the RXVs AC motor!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO