lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 82 DS Solid State Upgrade - Curtis PB-6 Wiring

The sketch helps

The big post with Your "Ignition #1" should be the one that connects to the pack positive battery post.

The "Ignition #2" wire will have +36v only when the key switch is ON.

The "Ignition #2" should be connected to the N.C. terminal of the micro-switch.

The COM terminal of the micro-switch connects to the Controller "KSI" and Solenoid positive activation.

The Black and the White wires from the PB-6 connect to the Controller J4 and J5 (in any order).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #12
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The sketch helps

The big post with Your "Ignition #1" should be the one that connects to the pack positive battery post.

The "Ignition #2" wire will have +36v only when the key switch is ON.

The "Ignition #2" should be connected to the N.C. terminal of the micro-switch.

The COM terminal of the micro-switch connects to the Controller "KSI" and Solenoid positive activation.

The Black and the White wires from the PB-6 connect to the Controller J4 and J5 (in any order).

Thanks so much sergio, i think Im almost good here. Throttle is working properly (controller lights up when depressed). Last leg (i hope), the controller only has one ksi port, do i need to splice the com wire from the micro switch to go to both ksi on the controller and the positive on the solenoid?

I aslo have nothing coming off the negative on the solenoid, i was told to send that to a negative somewhere (the b- on the controller), is that true?

Thanks again for everything.
Kazanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can either splice the micro-switch wire or crimp two wires either at the Controller 1/4" KSI quick terminal or the Solenoid positive small terminal.

The best place for the solenoid negative activation wire connection is the Controller "black Sol -" terminal.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:54 PM   #14
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You can either splice the micro-switch wire or crimp two wires either at the Controller 1/4" KSI quick terminal or the Solenoid positive small terminal.

The best place for the solenoid negative activation wire connection is the Controller "black Sol -" terminal.
Finally had a chance to get out today and took 2 minutes to het the wiring together with your help sergio, so thanks again, youve saved me a few hours of troubleshooting.

So i said last question last time,but i guess this is always a game of isolating the next problem. So now that i have power and working motor, controller, and throttle the last piece of the equation is the f/r switch. So when i tested the throttle in neutral to see if everything was working, the cart started moving which i am pretty sure is not supposed to happen. Picture of my setup is below. I’ll add that in all three positions, it goes in reverse..

This is a new switch, From the diagrams i have, it just says to hook up s1, s2, a2, m- and not use the red blue or black wires (which doesnt seem fight to me and i am assuming is part of the problem). Since most of these diagrams dont say what is front or back, and different switches have their terminals on differnt sides i have tried both ways and still have the problem. This switch faces forward when installed, the the bar that the knob attaches to is in the middle of the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2D6D3621-C8C0-4A4B-92EB-421E19B94FAB.jpg (160.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 9ED0A3A5-4B52-4A06-8FB7-44ADFC057B06.jpg (170.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unless my eyes are fooling me it looks like You have your cables on both ends of the same "buss bar".

I am assuming the Motor A1 is connected to Controller B+.

Motor S1 and S2 connect to the swivel posts on the front of the FNR.

Motor A2 connects to one of the buss bars on the back of the FNR.

Controller M- connect to the other buss bar on the back of the FNR.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #16
Kazanski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Unless my eyes are fooling me it looks like You have your cables on both ends of the same "buss bar".

I am assuming the Motor A1 is connected to Controller B+.

Motor S1 and S2 connect to the swivel posts on the front of the FNR.

Motor A2 connects to one of the buss bars on the back of the FNR.

Controller M- connect to the other buss bar on the back of the FNR.
Well thanks again Sergio, this solved the problem and got the cart up and running finally. Now I just need to figure out the throttle map on it - reverse peels out at about 5% push, and forward is a little smoother but not as responsive as reverse (it almost feels like the maps are reversed if that makes sense). I will have to take a look at the software and settings a little closer and maybe my throttle setup might need some adjustment. Thanks again for all of your help.

Mike
Old 05-31-2020, 03:53 PM   #17
floridabear2
Not Yet Wild

I know this is somewhat of an old thread but i was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 99 Club Car DS that I am trying to convert over to a Solid State. I bought a Curtis PB-6 for the throttle,36V SOLENOID 200amp, ALLTRAX 24-48 Volt 300 Amp #XCT48300-IQ Controller. I have all new 4ga wire for the Batteries and for the Motor. I have also upgraded the motor to Part # 170-001-0002 - Club Car Motor 9.4 HP - 16 mph + 20% torque. I am currently trying to wire up the controller to the PB-6, F/R Switch (it is OEM), motor, Solenoid and Charging recp. I have attached the diagram that I made, I am missing some placing to where wires need to go. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alltrax.jpg (207.8 KB, 0 views)
floridabear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car