lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #11
outdoorsed
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 500a controller

I did the PQ upgrade first and ran it on my stock 350 controller. I now have a 500 but I just learned that it comes default to 48V I'm 36V so now I have to see if I can get it programmed to 36.
Try the motor first is my advise
outdoorsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #12
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
The problem is I am not educated enough to make decisions. I have been searching tris forum for about a month now and I think I am more confused now then before I started. The forum is great and there is a ton of information but there is so many mixed opinions. So I think I will do some more research before purchasing anything. As far as the PQ motor I probably would have done that already but he has no core motors so he wants me to send in mine to be rebuilt. I use my cart a lot now that I sold my rhino. That motor may have been a mistake anyway. I guess what I want is a 20mph cart that gets there quickly. Ps I do have a trailer that I toe also

If 20mph is all you are looking for but with more torque for better acceleration than just an Alltrax XCT might do it for you. If that is not enough than a torque motor will give you the best acceleration if that’s what you’re really going for. You will need the bigger controller for a torque motor anyway, so might as well start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #13
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don’t do a lot of roads. I am on grades and paths most of the time this cart will bounce you right out of the seat. It has a heavier leaf spring is it for the back seat. I would go back to stock but I use it as a flat bed for hauling the cooler and other things. What I am trying to say is it rarely goes over 10mph till I hit pavement. Also I don’t want to upgrade the brakes. I know how addictive it is when building a new toy. I had over $20,000 in the rhino pounded the he’ll out of it then sold it for $5000
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:49 PM   #14
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is an analogy from the people who know. The carburetor is the equivalent of the controller. Take for instance if you put a 4 barrel carburetor on a four cylinder would you expect a lot of improvement? If your stock motor can't use those extra amps it won't make any difference what size controller you have.
Attached Images
File Type: gif gas-vs-electric.gif (23.0 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #15
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I am guessing the extra torque is from the controller. Maybe a small amount from the motor Because from what I’ve been reading it’s only pushing 4horsepower with the bandet motor. From what I understand the HP makes the torque with a high amp controller. I was reading a post that said you need a 650a controller min to run these 14hp motors. I am reading the forums and trying to learn. It’s not gonna happen over night. Thanks for the reply’s this I cool for me a haven’t been a member of a forum sense 2008 when I was building my Yamaha rhino.
Yes, most of the torque is from the alltrax, motor does not have much on it's own, but plenty for tooling around, but not really for the street without the alltrax...combine the two and it's a winner for street use...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:05 AM   #16
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

So after doing a ton of reading i have decided to still get the alltrax 500a controller have it set up for the stock motor because if something happens to the stock motor I know i will be putting in a torque motor. So now my question is will it have to be sent back to the vendor for reprogramming or is this something that I can do my self. When I needed programming done for my rams I2 program. I let the guy take control of my computer I could see everything he was doing. He made it look so easy. Is this something that can be done. Like i said in the first post I don’t really mind paying a few extra bucks for the customer service. Also when they set up the xct500 I know they tune it down would it be exactly the same as the xct300.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax toolkit software is designed for the end user (you). It is as simple a Controller programming software as you will find to date. Find the software and the user manual for free here > https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:58 PM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Also when they set up the xct500 I know they tune it down would it be exactly the same as the xct300.
Your supplier should set it up for you so it is ready to go right out the box. As scottyb said, the Alltrax Tool Kit allows you to customize and modify parameters down the road so if you want different curves or controls, it is within your capabilities with a laptop and USB cable. The XCT line also has field maps available for almost every motor out there so if you upgrade down the road, there should be a map available to help you along the way.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #19
crash test dummy

i gotta say the tool kit is great and finding the laptop to attrx controller is just an A end (usb) to a B end ( printer cable)

the problem is sitting on the cart and playing with the power curve while on the cart ( get a looong cord ) ... i got one to spin in the grass and slowly take off on pavement .. good thing it has a default setting and i believe a ezgo throttle 0~5k or is it 5~0k
Old 07-08-2018, 10:35 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsed View Post
I did the PQ upgrade first and ran it on my stock 350 controller. I now have a 500 but I just learned that it comes default to 48V I'm 36V so now I have to see if I can get it programmed to 36.
Try the motor first is my advise
No worries. the only difference in 36 or 48v "programming" is the low voltage cutoff... and honestly if the cart is running on 36v it is set to 36v or about 27v low voltage cut off. 48v low voltage cut off is around 37 volts or low enough to give fits to 36v operation.

In conclusion = if it's running okay on 36v you have no worries. No program changes needed & enjoy the rides. Even 48v carts run fine on 36v programming. Don't sweat it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car