lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Cart doesnt move when i push the pedal

I am very new to the carting world so please bare with me I will try to provide as much info as possible so I don't waste anyones time.

first of all its a 2000 club car DS 48v

secondly the cart is new to me and I no very little about any service or parts that have been replaced other than that the batteries are brand new just replaced 12-10-19

so here is my problem, the solenoid doesn't seem to click/engage every time I hit the pedal and when it does seem to engage its only if I completely push the pedal to the floor so I don't have much throttle control it seems to be all or nothing.

also the horn for reverse seems to work intermittently, it usually doesn't work but I noticed if I pushed the brake pedal very hard it will come on. i did check all of the wires on the back of the switch and everything looks good.

I know the obvious answer is to just buy a new solenoid but cart parts aren't cheap and I don't want to just start throwing money away so I figured I would check here with the pro's first..

honestly any help or advice will be greatly appreciated..

thank you for your time

David
DOUGHBOYSFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2020, 08:56 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Cart doesnt move when i push the pedal

What you describe I have happen many times as a connection issue at the Micro-Switches. Try doing this first, assuming this is a Series cart with a MSP, there are three (3) MS's located on the back of the FNR switch that is located under the seat and at the back of the switch. Carefully remove each colored wire 1-by-1 and reseat them on the stabs while making sure they are clean and tight.

If that is not it, we will be able to help you troubleshoot further.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:02 PM   #3
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
What you describe I have happen many times as a connection issue at the Micro-Switches. Try doing this first, assuming this is a Series cart with a MSP, there are three (3) MS's located on the back of the FNR switch that is located under the seat and at the back of the switch. Carefully remove each colored wire 1-by-1 and reseat them on the stabs while making sure they are clean and tight.

If that is not it, we will be able to help you troubleshoot further.

i did remove them all 1 by 1 earlier and all looked okay but i didn't clean them.. let me run out and clean them real quick and i will report back..

thank you for the first idea to resolve this..
Old 01-01-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

NoleFan4evr: so pulled the switch, i wire brushed all the connections and clean everything up and put it all back together unfortunately no change..

CAVEAT to the original post: it seems like i either have full power the first time i push the acc pedal or i don't have anything at all.. so when i just test drove it i took off down the road and when i slowed to turn around i literally had to push the acc pedal 4-5 times to get the solenoid to click/engage.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:22 PM   #5
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

sounds like the mcor or some play in the pedal group. You can check both fairly easily. if you look under your cart to the bottom side of the pedals. there are 2 brackets that mount to the sides of the frame rail on the drivers side. inspect these brackets, there is a bushing that a linkage rod for the accelerator pedal passes through inspect this as well. these bushings wear and cause a lot of play between the pedal and mcor. the mcor is a little black box mounted on the frame rail on the passenger side. there is a casted aluminum rod that connects it to the pedal. inside there is a micro switch and potentiometer, you can not access the components as its sealed. the mcor is what controls the speed input to the controller, as well there is a limit switch which activates when the pedal is pushed down. you can remove the mcor with the alum rod and bench test it if you have a digital volt meter. hope this helps - Phil
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:03 AM   #6
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Billy View Post
sounds like the mcor or some play in the pedal group. You can check both fairly easily. if you look under your cart to the bottom side of the pedals. there are 2 brackets that mount to the sides of the frame rail on the drivers side. inspect these brackets, there is a bushing that a linkage rod for the accelerator pedal passes through inspect this as well. these bushings wear and cause a lot of play between the pedal and mcor. the mcor is a little black box mounted on the frame rail on the passenger side. there is a casted aluminum rod that connects it to the pedal. inside there is a micro switch and potentiometer, you can not access the components as its sealed. the mcor is what controls the speed input to the controller, as well there is a limit switch which activates when the pedal is pushed down. you can remove the mcor with the alum rod and bench test it if you have a digital volt meter. hope this helps - Phil

Phil does this also apply to a cart with the v swipe deal instead of a MCOR? I believe my cart is 1 year before they started the MCOR.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:19 AM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Doughboy, just to be clear. Your cart has a lever beside your right knee and not a push button rocker switch correct?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:40 AM   #8
Phil_Billy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I wasn't sure if you had the v glide version or not. The v glide still uses the brackets and rod to the pedal, just doesn't have the mcor. There is also different linkage that connects the pedal and v glide. there are resistors and a micro switch on the v glide that are used similar to the potentiometer and micro switch in the mcor. All of which can still be checked with a meter.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
Phil_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:53 AM   #9
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Doughboy, just to be clear. Your cart has a lever beside your right knee and not a push button rocker switch correct?

No sir it has a rocker type switch..
Old 01-02-2020, 09:57 AM   #10
DOUGHBOYSFAST
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
It looks like this from behind, I took a picture last night to make sure I put them back correctly after I cleaned them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200101_210926.jpg (143.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car