lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
manimal13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car DS 2001 V-Glide/motor?

I have an older DS with the transistor coils and something was burning and stinking under the seat. Realized it was the V-Glide and I replaced it. Drove it about 20 yards and it started stinking and getting super hot again. Wires from the motor to main neg/pos were super hot. I have no experience with this set up. Anybody got any ideas? Also, the motor making a clunky sound. Would a bad motor heat up those cables and melt the V-Glide?

Thank you in advance.
manimal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS 2001 V-Glide/motor?

Yes most definitely. Disconnect the power from the battery pack, disconnect all four wires from the motor, and do a continuity test between A1 and A2, again from S1 to S2. You should have good continuity on both tests, with a beep from your meter. If it passes both tests, that's good. Then you can check for a short. Check each of the four terminals from the terminal to the case of the motor for continuity. If there's any continuity at all, you have a short. If there's any continuity between an A terminal and an S terminal, there's a short. That can cause your issue for sure.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:36 AM   #3
manimal13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you Tahoe!!
Old 01-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #4
manimal13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey TahoeDawg, new motor and V-Glide. Drives like a dream now. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-21-2020, 12:17 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You're welcome.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
manimal13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes most definitely. Disconnect the power from the battery pack, disconnect all four wires from the motor, and do a continuity test between A1 and A2, again from S1 to S2. You should have good continuity on both tests, with a beep from your meter. If it passes both tests, that's good. Then you can check for a short. Check each of the four terminals from the terminal to the case of the motor for continuity. If there's any continuity at all, you have a short. If there's any continuity between an A terminal and an S terminal, there's a short. That can cause your issue for sure.
So, when you say "short" what exactly does that mean? Bad cable somewhere? Because after a new motor and V-Glide, we melted another V-glide! Ugh. Electrical is my weak spot so I'm not really sure where to go after checking the continuity between the terminals. I have a feeling I'll find we have a short and not real sure what to do after that.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:51 AM   #7
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

V glides don't do well if you creep around slowly or pull loads ...or have big tires and a lift....off or wide open throttle....and make sure the vglide is adjusted right and travels all the way to the top pad and all the way to the bottom pad ...and that it rides flat against the pads....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car