lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #21
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 Club Car A9502 F&R Switch

It is fine to get solenoid negative from there or B- at controller. You do not have to run it to see if the charger works.

My guess is it won't come on. If it does, watch it to see if it turns off. You don't know who has done what with the cart or the charger.

(Sorry Sergio, you posted while I was typing)

And thank you for that diagram Sergio. I don't think I have ever seen it. These carts were only made for a couple months.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #22
rstief@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Not yet, because this thing is running in reverse and forward with just having the yellow solenoid to neg battery pack.
"With a two terminal #3 micro-switch that cart can only run in Reverse since there is the only time the two terminals will be closed."
"
Did I misunderstand what Sergio said?
rstief@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:00 PM   #23
rstief@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

OK, I missed Sergio post. One of my problems is accessing the Controller and OBC. For some reason they did not put an access door to them.
Only way is underneath and I haven't the facilities to raise it high enough.
If I had started this again I would have removed the whole body.

Will see if I can do what Sergio said.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:00 PM   #24
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Look at the diagram Sergio supplied above. You have a cart that was only made for a very short period of time with a "V-glide." The #3 two pin MS is correct.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #25
rstief@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

That diagram was the same one I started out with a month ago. I think I got it from the 95-96 Maintenance manual page 360.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:10 PM   #26
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstief@yahoo.com View Post
That diagram was the same one I started out with a month ago. I think I got it from the 95-96 Maintenance manual page 360.
I have an early 95 just like yours. Not having the diagram above was a headache. See my thread: "1995 Club Car Won't Run." Might be some things in there to help you.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:11 PM   #27
rstief@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
None of those wires in the micro-switches would affect having to jump the solenoid negative to B-, that is a function of the OBC.

With a two terminal #3 micro-switch that cart can only run in Reverse since there is the only time the two terminals will be closed.

If You are sure that the black and white wires are running to Controller terminal #2 and to the top of the throttle and you don't care for reduced reverse speed, then just remove the black and white wires from micro-switch #3 and splice them together.

Make sure the micro-switch inside the Multi-Step potentiometer is using the NC contacts, those are the two terminals further apart.
When you say to the top of the throttle, you are talking on the potentiometer, right?
Old 02-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #28
rstief@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
I have an early 95 just like yours. Not having the diagram above was a headache. See my thread: "1995 Club Car Won't Run." Might be some things in there to help you.
OK, will check it out.

Other than maybe not charging, do you think there is any problem running this like it is? I haven't taken it off the jack yet but just by doing the F and R , it works like it is supposed to.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:52 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

All my comments until I posted the new diagram would not have applied to your cart.

If the cart is charging, make sure the fuse on the OBC yellow wire is OK, that fuse can blow if someone in the past installed a diode backwards in the solenoid.

If the fuse in the OBC yellow wire is OK, then just cut the wire off the OBC (it is not needed by the OBC) and run the yellow wire directly to controller B-.

You can also just disconnect the OBC yellow wire from the Solenoid small post and run a new wire from that small post to the Controller B-.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:19 PM   #30
rstief@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

OK, I understand about previous posts.
On your last one can a person just run wire from small yellow solenoid to pack neg? Or does it have to go to the controller B-?

The reason I ask is it is much easier to access pack neg than controller B-?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car