lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2020, 07:41 AM   #1
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Battery meter

The new one (came with lithium conversion) has two connections but old one has three. Which two wires do I use to connect to new one?
Thanx in advance.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2020, 08:57 AM   #2
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Default Re: Battery meter

Your new one will use pack Negative or B- on controller and the positive side goes to the Closed Key side so it turns on when the key is turned on. You could also hook to Pack positive but it will stay on all the time.

I'm no expert but just wired one up...My cart (Precedent) had a black wire with yellow strip behind the dash which was the Pack negative and I tapped into the key switch wire (the one that goes hot when the key is turned on).

List your cart year and model and I'm sure someone on here knows the exact wires to hook into on your specific cart.
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:24 AM   #3
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's a custom build 3 seat mongrel but it does use a run/tow switch so I'm assuming it's based off a club car system. I wired mine directly to my switch. He is considering a toggle vs. key switch. I may just have him wire to that.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:47 PM   #4
orangebeachbum
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Put a DVM on it and test it to see which two gives you pack voltage...and you're done. I would assume the 3rd wire gives a low pack voltage warning of some sort from the OBC or is associated with a dash light dimmer..
orangebeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:58 AM   #5
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebeachbum View Post
Put a DVM on it and test it to see which two gives you pack voltage...and you're done. I would assume the 3rd wire gives a low pack voltage warning of some sort from the OBC or is associated with a dash light dimmer..
Excellent suggestion. Will do that in a few minutes.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:39 AM   #6
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

It was black and yellow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car