lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2020, 07:33 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: big fat steering wheel from a Tempo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozycart View Post
Here's what it looks like. Then there is either a smooth cover that fits in the middle or the golf scorecard middle you can get.

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #12
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

David at Revolution Golf Cars confirmed this wheel will fit my 2008 Precedent, so I ordered it from him. I'll try to post pics once installed.
ozycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:59 PM   #13
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I sure wish one of you would have warned me ahead of time that Precedent steering wheels are all but impossible to remove! LOL

I got the new wheel from Revolution a few days ago, and happily went out to the garage to install it. After an hour of tugging, pulling, yanking, pounding with a mini sledge hammer, etc., I declared defeat for that day in terms of getting the old wheel off.

I have ordered a gear-puller kit from Amazon after seeing a post about someone using one of those to get the old wheel off through sheer force. It will require drilling two holes in the original steering wheel though, which I'd rather not do unless absolutely necessary.

Anyone have any other magic tips on getting the steering wheel off a 2008 Precedent?
Old 04-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #14
LT4Ryan
Getting Wild

I tapped it around the edges with a rubber mallet and it came off with some wiggling and tapping.
LT4Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #15
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

They can be a bear. What worked for me on my DS was threading the bolt that holds the wheel on back in a few turns, then putting my feet on the dash and applying pressure to the back of the wheel with my knees while hitting the head of the bolt with a hammer. After three or so whacks, the wheel popped free. Leaving the bolt in a few threads ensures the wheel doesn't come flying at you when it pops off.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Well I sure wish one of you would have warned me ahead of time that Precedent steering wheels are all but impossible to remove! LOL

I got the new wheel from Revolution a few days ago, and happily went out to the garage to install it. After an hour of tugging, pulling, yanking, pounding with a mini sledge hammer, etc., I declared defeat for that day in terms of getting the old wheel off.

I have ordered a gear-puller kit from Amazon after seeing a post about someone using one of those to get the old wheel off through sheer force. It will require drilling two holes in the original steering wheel though, which I'd rather not do unless absolutely necessary.

Anyone have any other magic tips on getting the steering wheel off a 2008 Precedent?
DS wheels can be a pain. Precedent wheels are easy. Take the bolt out of the steering wheel and start it back into the hole by hand. Run it down about half way, leaving 1/4" to 5/16" gap between the bolt and the steering wheel. Hit the bolt with a hammer like you're driving a nail. The vibration will shock the steering wheel and it'll loosen up after the 3rd or 4th hit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:23 PM   #17
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, David. That did the trick. I put the bolt in about halfway, then gave it 4, 5...ended up with 10 really hard whacks with a hammer.

Then I got my feet on the upper dash, knees against the wheel, pushed, pulled, wiggled side to side.

Then I stood up outside the cart, grabbed ahold of the wheel, tugged it left and right, up and down, all while leaning back with all my weight...

...and finally it popped loose. If the bolt hadn't been in, I would have fallen backward onto the car in the garage.

Anyway, the new wheel is on and feels/looks great. Now I'm debating whether to put the safety sticker in the middle of the scorecard insert or just leave it black for a clean look.

I'll take a picture when it is sunny outside and I can back the cart out for good light.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks, David. That did the trick. I put the bolt in about halfway, then gave it 4, 5...ended up with 10 really hard whacks with a hammer.

Then I got my feet on the upper dash, knees against the wheel, pushed, pulled, wiggled side to side.

Then I stood up outside the cart, grabbed ahold of the wheel, tugged it left and right, up and down, all while leaning back with all my weight...

...and finally it popped loose. If the bolt hadn't been in, I would have fallen backward onto the car in the garage.

Anyway, the new wheel is on and feels/looks great. Now I'm debating whether to put the safety sticker in the middle of the scorecard insert or just leave it black for a clean look.

I'll take a picture when it is sunny outside and I can back the cart out for good light.
Thanks for your business and stay well during this Corona virus pandemic.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #19
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
They can be a bear. What worked for me on my DS was threading the bolt that holds the wheel on back in a few turns, then putting my feet on the dash and applying pressure to the back of the wheel with my knees while hitting the head of the bolt with a hammer. After three or so whacks, the wheel popped free. Leaving the bolt in a few threads ensures the wheel doesn't come flying at you when it pops off.
that how i did mine
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:36 PM   #20
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
that how i did mine
It's a pretty effective method
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car