lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Brake light kit help, please

I am installing a headlight, tail light, brake light, blinker, horn and turn signal kit on my 2014 club car precident. I have all the wires run, reducer mounted, lights mounted, horn mounted... Pretty much all wires have been run and most components have been installed. Left floor mat out and dash loose until I figure out the rest.

I have a light kit for the precident by pro-fit, voltage reducer by RHOX, turn signal switch by RHOX and club car brake light switch. All purchased from an authorized club car dealer. Will reach out to them tomorrow if needed.

Everything appears to work as intended at this point other than the brake lights.
I have installed the switch on the brake pedal and confirmed with a volt meter it works as a momentary closed switch (as intended).

There are three wires from the pro fit kit bucket harness for brake lights. They are currently not connected. The club car brake light switch is not connected either.
The bucket harness has four wires with spade connectors (that end up behind dash plate) that are currently not connected. I have a relay (or junction block) with four male spades that I suspect connect to this. It was a separate item the tech said was needed for my application.
There was some mention in the main light kit instructions of disconnecting a wire in the harness if a voltage reducer was used. I have not disconnected or identified that wire. There is also a circuit breaker that came with the main kit that appears to be required for older carts only according to the instructions.
Thought I'd ask the experts before proceeding.
All three of the non-club car kits have specific connectors and seem to be matched up properly.

Thanks in advance if you can offer any help.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2020, 08:58 PM   #2
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Brake light kit help, please

Still looking for info. As far as I can tell the relay is needed to power the brake lights.
I can't find a diagram. Looks like 2 of the brake light wires are used?
Any help will be appreciated!
Old 04-27-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

There are two grey wires that need to be plugged into each other. Where the harnesses come together right behind the passenger side cup holder you'll see them there. Grey wires with a male connector on one end and a female connector on the other. Plug them into each other, then you'll need to plug those four wires into the relay behind the dash. There are two of them with large blade terminals and two with small ones. Plug them into the relay. Location is not important. Once you've done this, the relay should click on and off with the key switch, providing power to the brake light circuit once the key switch is on. You're correct in your assumption that only two of the brake light wires under the floor will get used. It's the two with bullet connectors on them. Plug them into the brake switch and it should all work.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
There are two grey wires that need to be plugged into each other. Where the harnesses come together right behind the passenger side cup holder you'll see them there. Grey wires with a male connector on one end and a female connector on the other. Plug them into each other, then you'll need to plug those four wires into the relay behind the dash. There are two of them with large blade terminals and two with small ones. Plug them into the relay. Location is not important. Once you've done this, the relay should click on and off with the key switch, providing power to the brake light circuit once the key switch is on. You're correct in your assumption that only two of the brake light wires under the floor will get used. It's the two with bullet connectors on them. Plug them into the brake switch and it should all work.
Thanks David!
I just got off the phone with the tech, who's name was also David. The dealer is in Evans, Ga.
Got it all working, just need to button it up.
Thanks again for the reply.
I will bring it to you if I upgrade the controller.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
Thanks David!
I just got off the phone with the tech, who's name was also David. The dealer is in Evans, Ga.
Got it all working, just need to button it up.
Thanks again for the reply.
I will bring it to you if I upgrade the controller.
Ahhh yes, my former employer of 14 years.

Glad you got it fixed.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:22 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car