lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2020, 10:39 AM   #1
QBALLER21
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Precedent Sloooooooow

Hi everyone. My first cart was delivered yesterday (2015, 48v) and I took it out last night and it was the slowest cart I have ever been on. There were 4-5 random "bursts" where the cart sped up briefly but otherwise, it trudged along. The meter showed full charge (FWIW). I plugged the cart in last night but I am looking for ideas for when I get off work.
TIA everyone.
QBALLER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2020, 10:42 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Sloooooooow

to BGW

Conduct this test and report back: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68248
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If throttle response is sketchy it may have a bad MCOR. That's typical. Try pumping the go pedal 30 times with the key off. sometimes that can scrub the MCOR contacts clean.
The most popular upgrade for this cart is an Alltrax XCT48400 control and SW180 solenoid. Find them everywhere.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:55 AM   #4
QBALLER21
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Scottyb and Jakesnake27. I did read all about the control (Alltrax) Scottyb but was not sure if that was my first response (spend ANOTHER $400+) but I did not rule it out. This is exactly what I was hoping for, somewhere to start...
Stay tuned.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #5
QBALLER21
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So, ran home and did the sensor test, cart just rolled down the drive... Looks like a winner Jakesnake27! The company is going to send me a new sensor but I would like to upgrade since I will be doing the work. Can someone tell me how to get to the sensor/motor in an electric cart? The cart has a Madjax rear seat so do I have to remove all that just to get to the sensor?
Thanks again Jakesnake27 and Scottyb.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

You should be able to access it from under the cart, or by removing the rear access panel, which is under the rear seat. The sensor itself is on the end of the motor and looks like a black top hat. Unplug the connector, remove the two screws and pop the new one in.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:16 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBALLER21 View Post
So, ran home and did the sensor test, cart just rolled down the drive... Looks like a winner Jakesnake27! The company is going to send me a new sensor but I would like to upgrade since I will be doing the work. Can someone tell me how to get to the sensor/motor in an electric cart? The cart has a Madjax rear seat so do I have to remove all that just to get to the sensor?
Thanks again Jakesnake27 and Scottyb.
If they send you a speed sensor with a Red, Black, and Blue wire on it, send it back and tell them you want a real one. The factory sensors have a green wire in place of the blue one. The aftermarket sensors are garbage and will only work for a short time, if at all.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:23 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
If they send you a speed sensor with a Red, Black, and Blue wire on it, send it back and tell them you want a real one. The factory sensors have a green wire in place of the blue one. The aftermarket sensors are garbage and will only work for a short time, if at all.
Bump!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 06:07 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
X3
Old 05-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #10
QBALLER21
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks TahoeDawg! I got the new sensor, I purchased (and received) a high speed magnet from your website and was able to get both put on last night. My cart is finally moving! And it is raining today...
Anyway, thanks everyone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car