lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2020, 10:44 PM   #1
cjIaco84
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent 3.5” lift with stock leaf spring rubbing

I recently purchased a 3.5” Mad JAX A-Arm loft kit and 20x8.5”x14” tires for my 2017 Club Car Precedent. I have rear seat and often ride with passengers, do I need HD springs or will the fenders rub with passengers if I keep stock springs and shocks?? Also, worried about alignment after install of the lift kit, any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.
cjIaco84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2020, 06:10 AM   #2
Evancarey1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent 3.5” lift with stock leaf spring rubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjIaco84 View Post
I recently purchased a 3.5” Mad JAX A-Arm loft kit and 20x8.5”x14” tires for my 2017 Club Car Precedent. I have rear seat and often ride with passengers, do I need HD springs or will the fenders rub with passengers if I keep stock springs and shocks?? Also, worried about alignment after install of the lift kit, any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.
When I installed the 3.5 inch madjax lift on my 2013 Precedent I opted for the 4 leaf HD spring kit for the rear to prevent the sagging. In my case I really only have my kids on the back and find that the ride quality was much stiffer with those springs. I am now swapping out my 4 leaf spring set for the dual action HD spring to soften it back up.

If you have adults on the back often I would say get the standard 4 leaf springs but if not and you want to retain a closer to stock ride quality go with the dual action.

As far as the alignment get a carpenters square/straight edge to set your camber. As far as the toe adjustments I got a cheap laser measuring tape to help set the front and rear tire edge adjustments.

If you want the 4 leaf set I will sell you mine once I remove them and you can save some money to go that route. Send me a private message if you want to do that.
Evancarey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:53 AM   #3
cjIaco84
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent 3.5” lift with stock leaf spring rubbing

How much?
cjIaco84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car