lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2020, 11:55 AM   #1
jessewoodring
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default '10 CC Precedent Battery Meter Malfuction?

Hey, y'all.

I have a CC that I am thoroughly confused with. Just replaced the batteries with 12v's and I'm having multiple problems with the SOC meter.

The SOC meter, after being charged overnight, read less than 50%, when the voltage of the batteries were full. The cart ran as if it was full charge. After letting it sit for an hour, the SOC meter said the batteries were dead.

So, I rewired the meter directly to the MP and MN instead of making them go through the OBC. It charged and sat for a day with no problems with the meter; however, now the meter is showing an empty charge after charging.

Is this a bad meter? What do y'all think I should do?

Thanks,

J. Woodring
jessewoodring is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: '10 CC Precedent Battery Meter Malfuction?

to BGW

Is it one of those bar style meters? If so, I would replace it with a digital one that reads actual pack voltage. Here is a link to a high quality one from a site sponsor: https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:55 PM   #3
jessewoodring
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

It's digital. Sorry i should've specified.
jessewoodring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:00 PM   #4
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

digital doesn't help much neither. My digital meter was reading 50% when I left the house then 2 miles down the road I'm at 0% and the carts is completely dead. When I go on the 12 mile drive, the meter only showed that I dropped 3% from when I started.
oldbeefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:47 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Jesse, those meters are notorious for false readings. definitely replace it with the link Jake provided. Those are qualtiy and accurate meters and are fairly cheap for the importance they are to accurately monitoring the pack.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car