lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Finding 12V Somewhere on the cart

I posted this as a reply in another thread, but thought I might get more looks here. Instead of buying and installing a separate battery for a small mortocycle amp I am trying to power up, I'd rather just locate 12V somewhere on my cart to tap into. Below is my situation:

Thanks. I was thinking of going that route as well. i just really didn't want to have to charge that acc battery separate - call me lazy, I know. All I want to run is a small motorcycle amp that I have mounted inside a tube, which has two 5 inch speakers mounted on each end. The amp is powered by a 12V "cigarette lighter" style male adapter, which has an inline power switch already. I've mounted a headphone adapter in the tube to plug in an ipod. So, i just need to find 12 volts somewhere on my cart to power the 12V cigarette lighter female adapter, which I plan to dash mount. I hate to buy/mount a separate battery for just that. I checked the voltage coming from the breaker that powers my winch and it's 15V, which i think is a little much for that small motorcycle amp. there's got to be 12V somewhere on that cart.
Rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Finding 12V Somewhere on the cart

36 or 48 volt cart? what year?..... if 36 you can just use 2 batteries if they are 6 volt and that will give you your 12 volts..........48 volt cart buy a 48 to 12 volt reducer and install it.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Do you have lights? If so, have you checked the power source for them?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
36 or 48 volt cart? what year?..... if 36 you can just use 2 batteries if they are 6 volt and that will give you your 12 volts..........48 volt cart buy a 48 to 12 volt reducer and install it.....................
48V Cart, 2002 DS IQ. I guess I just wondering if the voltage reducer or separate battery were my only options. I just thought somewhere on the cart right now might have 12V I could jump off of. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
Do you have lights? If so, have you checked the power source for them?
Yes, I have lights and no, I haven't checked the source. That was going to be my next step. Honestly, I got a little weary of the light's source after I read several posts on here where people complained about feedback. But since i am not using a radio head unit like most do, I don't think motor feedback will be an issue for me. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you have lights theres a chance it either has a reducer or they are just wired to 2 batteries...........for the price of the extra battery you can buy a good reducer not hard to install and then no extra charging and pack will still be even............................
Old 08-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Shadow, I'll check the lights and see what's going on there. If it does have a reducer, can I use that to power my amp as long as there is 12V coming out of that reducer?
Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats gonna depend on what reducer is rated for............................
Old 08-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

How many batteries are in this 48v cart?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Actually, I'd check and see if the voltage specs were listed on the motorcycle amp. I'd imagine if it's from a motorcycle it's good for at least 14.4Volts due to the charging system on the bike. It may be fine for 16 as well.... See if it's listed.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car