lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
vbcoach
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car precedent won't go

Ok, I am back to the same problem (i think). after 3 years of use (i mean abuse); this summer the battery cables were arcing and melted a post. Sooo, i just replaced batteries and now it doesn't want to run.
Could my MCOR (solenoid?) that i replaced have gone bad within 3 years?
I did replace one battery cable lead that had corroded.

in order to keep peace in the family, we have purchased an HDK electric 36v...so far so good. Thanks Beech Creek Golf Carts.

Any help is appreciated!

(see thread from '09 re same problem)
vbcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car precedent won't go

is the cart an 09 ...........have you checked voltage in batteries and pack? one bad battery will stop the cart and if it was sparking it might have been because of a bad battery? maybe.......but regardless i would test and load test them ..............put the cart in tow......you did put it in tow when you changed cable right?..........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car precedent won't go

if you blew a battery terminal then ..in the process of arcing before the terminal became disconnected you most likely SMOKED the controller. (not the MCOR )(note the MCOR is the accelator control on the gas pedal and not a solonoid--your post is confusing both)

but just to keep the faith why not open the solonoid and look inside at the terminals there .... you will need to cut the minature coil wires first and then re-solder when you reassemble....
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car