lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: Motor "clanking"

thanks for all the info guys! I fixed the noise with a bumper part number 6765. Cost me 2 bucks! There wasnt an existing one on my motor, and as soon as I put it in and backed out of the garage I knew the noise was gone. Maybe someone forgot to put it in?

Anyways, thanks again!!! Ill be tinkering with this thing for a while so Im sure you will see more of me
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #12
JDC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
thanks for all the info guys! I fixed the noise with a bumper part number 6765. Cost me 2 bucks! There wasnt an existing one on my motor, and as soon as I put it in and backed out of the garage I knew the noise was gone. Maybe someone forgot to put it in?

Anyways, thanks again!!! Ill be tinkering with this thing for a while so Im sure you will see more of me
I just tried one of these in a 98 DS and the end cover on the motor split on me. It's listed in the Nevil catalog under 94 and up. New ends are expensive think I can get the machine shop to weld it. It never broke through the bearing flange so it should be ok I hope. Guess I need the motor ring guide in stead.
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Sorry to hear that! After reading more on here I discovered that part is in fact not correct. I replace it with a motor centering kit and haven't had trouble since....
Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #14
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
Sorry to hear that! After reading more on here I discovered that part is in fact not correct. I replace it with a motor centering kit and haven't had trouble since....
So are you saying that the bumper part number 6765 was incorrect?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #15
JDC
Gone Wild

Yes apparently because when i tightened the motor bolts they got tight when there was about a 1/16 of a inch to go and snap it broke the other end of the motor.
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #16
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I guess it was for my GE motor... The bumper went in, but when putting it back together it was very tight, like JDC said. It didnt crack anything on mine. I tightened it p best I could, and the noise went away for bout a mile. When I removed it to replace with the motor centering kit, it was just a wad of rubber. I think its for the motors when the guide ring that gets glued on the armature maybe?

The motor centering kit - part number AM-10039 is what fixed mine JDC.......
Old 10-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #17
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
So are you saying that the bumper part number 6765 was incorrect?
The bumper is for carts from 2001 on. The silly thing is the centering kit comes with a bumper which should NOT be installed. The kit also comes without fitting instructions which is inviting a disaster.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car