lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
khb2
Not Yet Wild

Default knock noise from motor/axle area 95cc

Had a knock noise in my club car 48vlt.a club car tech with 18 yrs exp.had said its a very common noise and he would replace a bushing and had to let the locktite dry.fine.I get my cart back and now it is worse.well I am an ase certified auto tech.I need to know if anyone can give me
An exploded diagram and tell me what is the procedure for tear down to find and correct this issue.I am not comfortable going into something with no experiance on golf carts.this is my first one and it is still new to me.
khb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
72volt_ezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: knock noise from motor/axle area 95cc

Hi there!
You will probably get help a lot sooner from the cc experts here if you give detailed info on your noise.

As a fellow automotive tech I know from experience that when I have to chase down a noise I will need all the details and description of the noise like is it happening steady state cruising? Acceleration,deceleration,braking,in reverse,forward,up hill,downhill,rough road,smooth road,going stright or turning,driving slow, or at higher speeds,first thing in the morning,or is it after the drivetrain warmed up,what general area the noise is heard from, steering,suspension,drivetrain?...and the list goes on.

I'm not trying to be mean here just trying to increase your chances of getting a useful response from someone who might then know exactly what you are dealing with.

A real life example:

At my work we get a certain kind of vehicle with steering noise issues and there are six totally different common noise concerns with this certain vehicle just in steering! I know when I get in one I will hear at least 2 or 3 of these noises but the customer might be concerned with only one of them and that might not even be any of the ones I'm hearing! The service writers know this but still write up the repair order complaint as "Customer states there is a steering noise!" I can't do nothing with them until further description because I might fix a very expensive noise issue that the customer did not even hear and was not concerned about!

Sorry! Not schooling you just trying to help! Good luck!

Barna
72volt_ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: knock noise from motor/axle area 95cc

its either the motor centering ring or motor centering kit, depending what motor is in yours. Do a search, I just replaced mine.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car