lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
jetdry38
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Battery Question

96 CC DS I have 6 brand new crown batteries. Checking on a volt meter, they are all completely different in ranges. Is this normal? Bat #1 is 8.7, #2: 8.9, #3: 10.3, #4: 9.3, #5: 10.1, #6: 9.2 while on the charger. I just got back from a 20 minute ride and the batts only charged for a half hour and the charger shut off. Is this normal?? I'd appreciate any replies!
jetdry38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
driver33b
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Question

G'day, I have just (2 weeks ago) fitted new batts....I read up on the procedure and am pretty sure it is in the 'stickies', (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/) start here... that the first charge should last 12-16 hours while the batteries equalise and settle in.....someone with more marbles than me will surely come in with more info soon?

Last edited by driver33b; 10-29-2011 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: Inserted link
driver33b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

It can take many initial charges for the batteries to normalize and reach top potential. Check the "stickies" for recommended break in procedure for new batteries.
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
jetdry38
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yep I'm.doing everything correct just wanted to make sure those numbers are in the norm.... And see if It's ok that the charger shuts off so soon.... Just seems like It's too quick of a charge oh and I forgot last night to put that the cart is a 48v.Thanks for the reply...
Old 10-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #5
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jetdry,

Next time you charge the batteries, check the voltage of the whole pack near the end of a charge. It should be up in the 60-62v range. When it shuts off, let the cart sit for a couple hours and then check the pack and then each battery and post what you find.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
jetdry38
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Will do colby. I'll be heading out in a few to take the dogs for their walk and I'll report back when It's done charging in a few hrs....
Old 10-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It is best to let the pack settle for 12 hours before testing voltage or SG.
You will find levels still slightly elevated at 12 hours but, much closer to what the batteries can actually 'hold'. Which is what you are looking for... otherwise you are just measuring how much voltage went into them.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car