lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #21
indacup
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: Time to give up on my DS Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
How will you power the speakers?
These are the speakers I have:

They work really well, great clarity powered by three AAA batteries and sell for about $14 at Walmart
indacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #22
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
How will you power the speakers?
Here is what I have in mind:
Mount a 2 channel marine amp under the front cowl and run 2 water proof speakers mounted under the roof, not sure where yet. Probably going to use wake board speakers for this.
The main amp power wire should run straight to the battery, I suggest you used heavy marine 8 gauge wire – you want to use FUSED, (30A) big gauge wire to run from the amp to the batt. The same size for the negative wire too….The green “turn on” 12V small wire should go to a switch on the dash. I’m going to mount a 12V battery somewhere to run this.
Apple sells a nice cable that puts a very small hole in your dash for the connection to the ipod. It’s called the “iPod AV” cable and made for the video ipod – you can just hook up the L+R audio jacks, forget the video part to the amp and it’ll work fine.
I found this info on a boating forum, yep I know I have to many toys
If I decide to do it on the cheep I'm going to look for this: Poly Planar has a small 2 ch amp, all the wires and a pair of not so hot speakers. It’s called the “MP3-KITA”
jedotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #23
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by indacup View Post
That's almost exactly what I have been doing....I got some nice MP3 speakers from Phillips, and plugged it into my smartphone tuned into Pandora and it worked fine.

But we also wanted live programming and the music I like, cannot really be found in Pandora or Slacker.
I LOVE Pandora. I use the "Tunein" app on my I-phone for live progamming. Mostly for listening to ball games or sports talk from my local station when I'm on the road.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #24
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
alright guys what about his radio problems? someone has to have one installed in a cart with an OBC.......................................
I have a Blaupunkt AM/FM/CD mounted in an overhead console in my Carryall. Cheap-o rubber ducky antenna from Autozone stuck thru the roof.

Works just fine in FM and CD, with the exception of dropping out for 2 sec's every time I floor it, until the voltage stabilizes it. (Crappy Sams Club batteries). No issues with static or interference, at least.

Never tried AM. Is that still around?
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #25
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedotx View Post
Here is what I have in mind:
Mount a 2 channel marine amp under the front cowl and run 2 water proof speakers mounted under the roof, not sure where yet. Probably going to use wake board speakers for this.
The main amp power wire should run straight to the battery, I suggest you used heavy marine 8 gauge wire – you want to use FUSED, (30A) big gauge wire to run from the amp to the batt. The same size for the negative wire too….The green “turn on” 12V small wire should go to a switch on the dash. I’m going to mount a 12V battery somewhere to run this.
Apple sells a nice cable that puts a very small hole in your dash for the connection to the ipod. It’s called the “iPod AV” cable and made for the video ipod – you can just hook up the L+R audio jacks, forget the video part to the amp and it’ll work fine.
I found this info on a boating forum, yep I know I have to many toys
If I decide to do it on the cheep I'm going to look for this: Poly Planar has a small 2 ch amp, all the wires and a pair of not so hot speakers. It’s called the “MP3-KITA”
search for "seamini2" on ebay its a nice aux input jack for dash mounting with weatherproof cover for when not i use. i have one in my car hooked to an amp and 2 speakers and its sounds good.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #26
securitymikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just use my Dewalt jobsite radio and put it on the passenger seat next to me. Not real fancy but it does the job.
securitymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #27
Doc
Gone Wild

I have mine attached directly to a separate 12V battery and have no issues with static or anything else. Mine is on a 2001 DS, for what its worth....
Doc
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #28
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
search for "seamini2" on ebay its a nice aux input jack for dash mounting with weatherproof cover for when not i use. i have one in my car hooked to an amp and 2 speakers and its sounds good.
What amp and speakers did you use? Any pictures of how you mounted them? I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this soon. I need some tunes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car