lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Default Club Car DS pedal group

I have serviced the pedal group on a couple of Precedents. Is the procedure the same for a DS or is it more complicated? For the Precedent I just remove the mat, remove the small plastic cover, and then remove the pedal assembly. I clean out the area and then lube the joints. I have dry moly lube, but I'm not sure exactly where to apply it to a Precedent, or a DS. Any thoughts?
LJ12530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS pedal group

should be the same or the DS may be different but easier i would think.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
should be the same or the DS may be different but easier i would think.............................
Very helpfull info
The DS is old school, basically unchanged from the early 90's. All components except the hill brake latch are accessed from underneath the cart. Lubricate the brake pedal bearings, brake linkages and pivots, accelerator pivots and mounts, and of course the hill brake latch pivot.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are any lube points accessible from underneath on the Precedents or must you remove the pedal group to lubricate like stated above?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
LJ12530
Gone Wild

On the Precedent I just remove the mat and the cover plate to get to the pedal group. There is also a brake play adjuster that is below the cover and is easy to adjust. It's much easier for me to simply remove the cover than to get under the cart. Takes me about 20 minutes. Not sure how the pro's do it.

I've never done a pedal group on a DS and it sounds as if it's best to do it from under the cart. Since I only do the servicing at no charge for neighbors I don't want to try something on their cart that I haven't done on mine first. Since I have a Precedent I feel comfortable gaining top access to the pedal group.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ12530 View Post
On the Precedent I just remove the mat and the cover plate to get to the pedal group. There is also a brake play adjuster that is below the cover and is easy to adjust. It's much easier for me to simply remove the cover than to get under the cart. Takes me about 20 minutes. Not sure how the pro's do it.

I've never done a pedal group on a DS and it sounds as if it's best to do it from under the cart. Since I only do the servicing at no charge for neighbors I don't want to try something on their cart that I haven't done on mine first. Since I have a Precedent I feel comfortable gaining top access to the pedal group.
I never looked but it is accessible from underneath the cart?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
Very helpfull info
The DS is old school, basically unchanged from the early 90's. All components except the hill brake latch are accessed from underneath the cart. Lubricate the brake pedal bearings, brake linkages and pivots, accelerator pivots and mounts, and of course the hill brake latch pivot.

his question was are they different........seemed i gave him a simple answer didn,t feel a need to elaborate any further................
Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Regarding the DS pedal group again. I do not have a way to lift the cart to get under it. Not sure if that is required, or just a convenience. Secondly on the Precedent by coming in from the top you can clean out the structural area around the pedal group. Both carts I have done had a lot of grass clippings, sand, etc. Not sure how you would do that cleaning from the bottom, or if in fact a DS collects as much junk around the pedal group as a DS.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can get it from the bottom but having it lifted would really help, as for what you,ll find??? depends on where they do the driving but a decent air compressor you can blow everything out and than lube away.......try some spray lube theres another thread about the dry moly lube you can try that....why can,t you jack it up? no jack, no room overhead or what? if you don,t have a jack you can get several peices of 1X12 and configure them like a set of steps and drive the left front wheel up on them that will get you some clearence................................
Old 11-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #10
LJ12530
Gone Wild

Thx for the replies everyone.

I just did a DS and discovered a couple of things. Unlike the Precedent you can't just lift the floor mat up and over the pedals since the opening in the mat is too small. As folks have mentioned everything is readily accessible from underneath the cart. I also noted that the DS does not have a "grass catcher" area under the pedal group as does the Precedent. The DS was very clean underneath. When I did a Precedent there were a couple of inches of grass clippings in the area under the pedal group.

There was/is a slight squeaking sound coming from the area of the left rear brake when the brake pedal is depressed. Very minor, but I lubed the moving parts under the cart and the squeak is still there. I figure you would have to take off the drum and lube something inside to get rid of the very light squeak.

I also made a mixture of backing soda/water and cleaned off the battery area and batteries. Seemed to work very well. After I cleaned them I used a commercial spray that goes on blue and turns pink in the presence of acid. Everything stayed blue.

I know I could have used a car jack, and blocks, provide more room under the cart, but that really didn't seem to be necessary.

I appreciate the information this forum provides.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car