lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
KARL
Not Yet Wild

Default Black & White Wire

I have a 36 volt club car with No reverse. I think i found the problem but not sure exactly how to fix it. The cart is a (89-03 36 volt electric club car with a Solid State controller).
I am not sure exactly how the Black and White wire should be ran coming from the pointomiter (V glide) spliced to the #3 micro switch and then on to the controller.
I am trying to understand exactly what it does. I know its a limit switch but if the wires are spliced and the White wire is on top and the black wire is on bottom when the Micro switch is opened it is basicaly connecting the black and white wire?
KARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Black & White Wire

I am not exactly sure how the micro switch works in this application, but the switch would typically be either a "normally open" or "normally closed" switch, ie, when mechanically "made", if "normally open", it would then change state to a "closed" position . . or if it is "normally closed", it would then change state to "open" in the circuit . . . you will have to wait until one of the techs that has worked on this particular cart reads this thread . . . you could also check the continuity of the switch in both states to determine if it is a normally open or closed switch with a VOM . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

get a wiring diagram from the stickies..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
KARL
Not Yet Wild

I have a Diagram and it all seems to be wired correct. I have also checked the Micro swithches they all check out fine. I think it has to do with the way the black and white wire are wired. If i disconnect them from the micro switch and put it in reverse will it hurt anything?
Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
KARL
Not Yet Wild

I have been working on this club car for a long time. I am very mechanically inclined. I am pretty good with motors or building things. This Club Car i have i kicking my butt. I even took it into a local shop. I was told they tested everything and it was the controller. After replacing the controller it was still broke. A few of the micro switches were burn up. The micro in the pointomiter and the 3rd limit micro switch on the back of the F/R switch. I replaced the F/R switch with a new one. I did replace the wires with thicker gage wire. When it was working. The reason i replaced the wires was the Green wire to A1 on the battery was melting. I had every wire labeled but when i took it to the shop they messed some of my labels up. I also made my own diagram to reference so i could check it against the actual wiring harness in the sticky notes. I think that it is all wired up correct. I can swap the S1 & S2 and the tires will rotate in reverse when the F/R switch is in Forward position. I have spoke with the techs at club car several times. I haver also ran through the trouble shooting test and checked the wiring diagram several times. That does not mean it is correct i could be missing something. I removed the resistor from the Black wire for the reverse. I looked at everything on line and a lot of people have had the same problems but little answers and information on how it was fixed.
A few things i noticed. I know the diagram is a little different than it actually is on the cart because it is the only way to put it on paper. For instance my motor is flipped the other way i guess you could say and starts from the top all in line straight up and down A1, S2, A2, S1. Based on the diagram i have them all wired to the correct place.
Now the Black and the White wire going to the Micro switch do not make any sense to me. how they are spliced.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

whats throwing me off is if its an older C.C. 36 volt i don,t think the F&R should have 3 micro switches on it....maybe i,m wrong but that dosn,t sound right......are you sure this wire isn,t just for the 1/2 speed reverse? when cart ran was it jast as fast in reverse? cause it shouldn,t be it should be 1/2 speed..................maybe david can shed some light but the 3 micro,s is throwing me off....................................
Old 12-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
KARL
Not Yet Wild

I was only half speed in reverse. When its in Reverse now and the pedal is dipressed the solinoid will click but will not send any porwer to the motor. I dont want to pull the wires off the Micro switch and try it will fry something.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
KARL
Not Yet Wild

The red wire represents the white wire. When the micro is closed circuit it is making basically like wiring the black and white together but when its closed in forward it goes straight to the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: png Wite & Black Wire.png (9.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what year it it exactly? ................and pulling the wires should not fry or burn anything but again depending on year it shouldn,t have 3 micro,s on the f&r.................................
Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
KARL
Not Yet Wild

Well there is no serial number on it. I know its between 89-03. When i bought it they told me it was an 02. The book and everything I have been referencing is from a 94 club car with a solid state controller.

Tags
black & white wire, solid state controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car