lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
dcbaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Post pics of rear racks

I got my tires and wheels from a site sponsor, 3R sales and service. Check out their site. I was very pleased with the service and they give a 10% discount to BGW members.
dcbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #12
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartz View Post
I modified a piece of rebar and an old bed frame.

Next I attached it to the back of the cart.

I purchased an aluminum cargo basket from Tractor Supply and trade back and forth between the basket and rear seat.

Thats exactly what I needed. Thanks so much. The fact that your cart is the same model as mine is gonna make this super easy. Thanks again.

BTW, nice cart. Where'd you get that brush guard?
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
kmartz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The brush guard is a "Jakes". I believe it is item # 7266. I picked it out when I bought the cart. The dealer installed it, but it is a matter of driling 4 holes. I have a build thread for the cart if you are interested since you have the same model.
kmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #14
kmartz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

This covers it.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...uild-pics.html
kmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #15
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool, thanks.
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
barcloverranch
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: POst pics of rear racks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbaker View Post
Here's my rear rack I used a receiver cargo rack cut down to 40" wide. a little fab work with some surplus steel i had laying around.
That is an awesome idea. I was trying so hard to think of a way to mount a rack that would easily be removable so I could still play golf.

Does it have much rattle to it?
barcloverranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
dcbaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I made the receiver out of a piece of 2 " angle iron. The cargo rack fits a little loose, but i put a piece of rubber about 2" long inside the bottom of the receiver and it moves a little but doesn't rattle. I can pull the pin, remove the rack and install the bag holders in just a few minutes. It works well for carrying a cooler full of adult beverages.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #18
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbaker View Post
I made the receiver out of a piece of 2 " angle iron. The cargo rack fits a little loose, but i put a piece of rubber about 2" long inside the bottom of the receiver and it moves a little but doesn't rattle. I can pull the pin, remove the rack and install the bag holders in just a few minutes. It works well for carrying a cooler full of adult beverages.
I really like this idea alot, I just hate to cut the one I have down, because I use it with the vehicles. BTW, Thanks for the link to 3R, I looked in their combo sets and they have the wheels but a different brand of tires. Do you think they may custome make me a set?
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
dcbaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewmagoo View Post
I really like this idea alot, I just hate to cut the one I have down, because I use it with the vehicles. BTW, Thanks for the link to 3R, I looked in their combo sets and they have the wheels but a different brand of tires. Do you think they may custome make me a set?
You can find the cargo racks for about 50 bucks at harbor freight or northern tool on sale. Most are 5' but i have seen some 4'. Fire off an e-mail to 3R, i bet they can hook you up. I talked to Sean and he was very helpfull. He even called me because they were out of stock on the wheels i ordered and recommended a change to the one i got. I was very satisfied.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

dcbaker,

For the life of me I have looked at the bag system, and trying to figure how to remove it but leave the basket... Any fabrication needed there?
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO