lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
trucktramp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT Headlight Issues

I have an 06 TXT with an aftermarket headlight and turn signal kit. I'm working on getting it street legal and now the Secretary of State tells me I have to have high beam headlights. Any suggestions? The cart is a 36 volt and I have the lights wired to an extra 12 volt battery. I have toyed with the idea of adding another set of lights for the "high beams" but if possible I'd like to keep the look that I have.
trucktramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #2
dewzer
Getting Wild

Default Re: TXT Headlight Issues

I am a stones throw west of you and I dont recall a MI law allowing carts on the streets.
ORV stickers are available for carts and your area allows orv's to be operated in certain areas.
I go thorugh there often and see them all the time.
The Sec. of state has nothing to do with requirments, Go see your local sheriff and he can give you the law to read.
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
crash test dummy

look at the head light blubs in your cart and tell us the type of blub and model number if possible, even photos would help ... you my be able to go to a hi/low beam light by adding just a dimmer switch and blubs
Old 09-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

See my comment here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post933698

Use Google to see if the State has issued FAQs or if the newspaper ran an article trying to put the rules into layman's terms. You can't be the first person in your state to run across this, so there may be a forum where someone asked the question - specifically in your State - and an answer was given.

What did we ever do without Google? We went to the library and spent hours researching.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
What did we ever do without Google? We went to the library and spent hours researching.
whats a library ?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

A place where they housed old newspapers on microfiche.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

They used to have a high-tech database called a card catalog, but that was just for light-weights that hadn't learned the Dewey Decimal System.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
trucktramp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewzer View Post
I am a stones throw west of you and I dont recall a MI law allowing carts on the streets.
ORV stickers are available for carts and your area allows orv's to be operated in certain areas.
I go thorugh there often and see them all the time.
The Sec. of state has nothing to do with requirments, Go see your local sheriff and he can give you the law to read.
The law was changed in 2006 (MCL257.25b). It allows for vehicles that are capable of speeds at least 20mph but no more than 25mph. The cart is actually going to be operated in a small village that is open to the idea according to the police chief but it must be equipped just like a passenger car. This included seatbelts, mirrors, and high/low beam headlights. When I get a chance I will pull out the light assembly and check the bulb number to see what I have and what may be available.
trucktramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

There's a forum on here called On Road Golf Carts! Maybe post it there, as some gassers who have the same problem, but don't frequent the sparky side, may be there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO