lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1996 TXT series motor ID

I pulled the motor from my 96 TXT in the process of rebuilding the rear axle. The axle is noisy and has a thump in it when changing directions (F/R). I would like to rebuild the motor or have it done probably close to OEM or to increase torque. I will be talking to ScottyB about options on controller and solenoid.
I already have purchased the HD F/R switch. It is 36 volt now and needs batteries. It only charges to 37.8 or 37.9 after 12 hours rest. I see Johnny has 42 volt that i might think about. My search on 42 volt setup didn't help me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stripped 96 TXT.jpg (225.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Motor label 96TXT.jpg (154.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Motor Sline end.jpg (162.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Motor Brush end 96txt.jpg (128.4 KB, 0 views)
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 TXT series motor ID

Sorry I left off the partial numbers I could get off the motor.
Name - stems Inc.
Volts - 36
Serial # - 12889
RT# - 005A
Numbers on field windings
A91 1107
A91 1110
A89 1009
A89 1008

Full continuity 0 Ohms on A1 to A2 and S1 to S2. Infinity between all others and to case fro all 4 posts

Differential numbers are hard to read: best guess follows Spicer - 012AJ184,
73069G01 0r 73069G04.
4-10-96
Old 10-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

In case you overlooked the stickies,

Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

Dana Axle:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...5-28148g01.pdf

Golf Cart Serial Number Lookup:

http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

Controller/Motor Type:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...go-guide-2.jpg
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsme? View Post
I pulled the motor from my 96 TXT in the process of rebuilding the rear axle. The axle is noisy and has a thump in it when changing directions (F/R). I would like to rebuild the motor or have it done probably close to OEM or to increase torque. I will be talking to ScottyB about options on controller and solenoid.
I already have purchased the HD F/R switch. It is 36 volt now and needs batteries. It only charges to 37.8 or 37.9 after 12 hours rest. I see Johnny has 42 volt that i might think about. My search on 42 volt setup didn't help me.
well, seeing as how you are going to buy new batteries, you should seriously think about going 48v. you can do that with 6-8v batteries. The way the guys that went 42v.....just added an extra 6v either under the seat or in the bag well. but either way, you would be buying a new charger.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post

I have the service manual, it doesnt tell me if this is an oem motor.
I have the Dana axle guide.
I looked up the year - K1696 # and Serial # 976822 that showed the cart is a 1996 TXT Standard 36 volt.
The cart is a series cart.
I think the motor i removed from the cart is a D&D motor from searches of systems inc. that was a partial name from the tag on the motor.
Was D&D an OEM motor on a 96 TXT series cart with 19 splines???
The motor is not bad. Would you send it to PQ for new brushes bearings etc. I am only concerned about torque but do not want to loose stock speed.
Thanks for any advice this my first Golf Cart.
Any advice is welcome
Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well, seeing as how you are going to buy new batteries, you should seriously think about going 48v. you can8 do that with 6-8v batteries. The way the guys that when 42v.....just added an extra 6v either under the seat or in the bag well. but either way, you would be buying a new charger.
Thanks
I will just use the cart around the farm between shops but there is soft sand in places. Also I plan to take it to farm sales. That is why power or torque is my concern. I think 36 volts will do what I want. I dont have enough experience with carts to know if this is correct. I had not considered having to change chargers for 42 volt. I may buy a DPI charger from Scotty when I get new batteries and sell my Powerwise charger
Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsme? View Post
Thanks
I will just use the cart around the farm between shops but there is soft sand in places. Also I plan to take it to farm sales. That is why power or torque is my concern. I think 36 volts will do what I want. I dont have enough experience with carts to know if this is correct. I had not considered having to change chargers for 42 volt. I may buy a DPI charger from Scotty when I get new batteries and sell my Powerwise charger
well if you buy new batteries, do your self a favor and go 48v, of course you would be upgrading the entire delivery system as well too (controller, solenoid, f&r, cables) and yes, get the charger from Scotty.....
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #8
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

that's the same motor I have on my 96 and I can read the mfg name on mine. When I get home from work today and if I can remember I'll look at mine and give you the name. If you decide to send it to plum quick please post results here if you get the bandit upgrade. I want to refurb mine really bad.....
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:27 AM   #9
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

oh and I went to 48v this year and love it. 400amp controller for me and I got a charger from carts unlimited. actually all electronics came from there...
Old 10-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #10
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

tag says ELECTRIC VEHICHLE POWER SYSTEMS... I found my old pic

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO