lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Reversing Contactors from Scotty'B ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Wow, I never would have thought of that but thats a good idea.. Keeps the water out of the switch also.
Think outside the box

Uses the same two holes + nothing to add
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
As for the F\R shaft itself, I usually put a small amount of Lithium grease on it to keep things moving smoothly, yet not a big gob so that things get gummed up.

Dave
Lithium is a metal. I don't know about lithium grease, but I'd use a different one. To test it, try meggering a small amount or microwaving some. If it gets hot in a microwave, I wouldn't use it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There may be some confusion here ? I suggest using dielectric grease to lube the rotating contacts and contact board. Lithium or any light lube would be okay for the center pivot shaft
Old 10-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Concur. And I don't know if lithium grease would be good for contacts or not. I'll microwave some, which will tell if it's good at RF frequencies, which is where the controller's PWM operates. My Tesla Coil operates at 86 kHz, so I regularly use a microwave to tell if something is good at RF.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

OK, lithium grease passes the microwave test and meggers perfect.

Should be fine for contact lubricant, though I prefer Vaseline.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
No smoking material?
Why do you think I hunt in the woods where things green grow???

Ok, seriously....now...my problem is that my MS (Multiple Sclerosis) gives me enough grief that when a malfunction of my "woods legs" (my cart) occurs, it can trash my day....or even more if a major part is involved. Then I have to line up my brother-in-law to fix it. He's a great guy, but he has stuff to do too.

So, before this little issue becomes a big issue.... and remember I'm running 48-V, 8-6V T-105's, and an Alltrax AXE4865 650 amp (which is probably overkill for my cart.....but it does work very well!!) which Rev. Contactor should I be looking at? The Heavy Duty....or the Super Duty? Hunting up 'n down SW Pa. hills 'n mountains. (Well....mountains are big %$$ hills)

OR...since my current F\R switch was rebuilt about a year ago, should I just concentrate on why the darn nut is giving me grief and replace the microswitch that has gone to the dark side?

Thanks

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you go with a reversing contactor you need the Super duty model for that big ole 650 controller. This unit requires 3.8th cable ends (lugs) on all 4 of the current F&R cables. I hope this helps.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
and remember I'm running 48-V, 8-6V T-105's, and an Alltrax AXE4865 650 amp (which is probably overkill for my cart.....but it does work very well!!) which Rev. Contactor should I be looking at? The Heavy Duty....or the Super Duty? Hunting up 'n down SW Pa. hills 'n mountains. (Well....mountains are big %$$ hills)

OR...since my current F\R switch was rebuilt about a year ago, should I just concentrate on why the darn nut is giving me grief and replace the microswitch that has gone to the dark side?

Thanks

Dave
I have a series 4855 - "only" 500 amps, but I've taken it to some crazy places with passengers. I originally only replaced my FNR cam, but that turned out out be either stupid user error, or too much. I replaced the rest of the FNR, and all's good.

Higher amperage "may" be happier with a reversing contactor, but I don't know.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If you go with a reversing contactor you need the Super duty model for that big ole 650 controller. This unit requires 3.8th cable ends (lugs) on all 4 of the current F&R cables. I hope this helps.
I'll measure my cable lugs and get back to you. (I think they are 1.5" in diameter and 8" thick and were welded on by a guy named "Gus" in Pittsburgh who tells anyone that two different metals can be welded together with his cables that come right out of a power sub-station. Hey....I wasn't in a position to ask.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
I'll measure my cable lugs and get back to you. (I think they are 1.5" in diameter and 8" thick and were welded on by a guy named "Gus" in Pittsburgh who tells anyone that two different metals can be welded together with his cables that come right out of a power sub-station. Hey....I wasn't in a position to ask.
LMAO!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO