lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default medalist performance

Hello everyone. I was curious to hear what other medalist owners are/were getting from their cart? Keeping it as close to stock as possible. What's your average speed? Downhill? Uphill? With passengers and without? What kind of terrain? Etc.
Thanks in advance.
Yeabuddy!
yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: medalist performance

My stock marathon went about 13 mph (what most stock carts did before oem's started offering 19 mph). This is also related to the ANSI standards of what a "golf cart" is as it relates to top speed. I put a high speed 19mph oem txt motor in, and went to 48v. That really woke it up. You should consider your "flat land" top speed your "down hill" top speed, going like a bat-outta-h£ll on a hill can overspeed your motor, causing it to literally blow up internally (& occasionally externally).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:05 PM   #3
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The only "performance" modification I did to mine was add an 8hp high torque motor. 14mph by GPS on flat ground when it was still low and 2wd. Barely slowed down on mild hills. Negligible effect on battery life.

Now with the 4wd conversion running a pair of stock 2hp motors I am getting 12 mph on flat ground, virtually no slowdown on mild inclines and I have about an hour of straight "pedal on" time to hit 36.5 volts before recharging.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
yeabuddy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you, this helps. I'd love to hear from more of our medalist owners so please don't stop there

kab69440,
When yours was 2wd and you put the 8hp motor in, did you have to do any other mods? Controller, FnR switch? What gauge wires did you have?
Thanks again.
Yeabuddy!
yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had the cart strung with 2ga cable. It is still running the stock Curtis controller. I initially built and bought the cart for work. I was employed in an intermodal terminal at the time. I used the cart to carry various fittings, tools and supplies to and from whatever railcar was being unloaded at the moment. I used it to move pumps and vacs from one loading location to the next. A platform pump wagon weighs an average of 8,000#. The cart had to be strong.
Believe it or not, that cart has positioned hopper cars over a buried chute and screw. The error margin is only a few inches and the switch crew works in the dark. I found it easier to winch the car that few feet than to push it by hand with a goon pole.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO