lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #11
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Proud New Owner of 2005 EZ-GO TXT Series

tim,

HITech could not be more accurate about who to listen to on this site. I am sure there are many, many more talented members when it comes to carts but the guys he specifically mentioned are top notch!

having said that, I have the same cart you just acquired that is lifted 4" on 22x10x10 tires with stock everything else at 36v. With a good charge on really bad batteries, the torque I experience is very reasonable. I can climb short, moderate grade hills with a light load (<600lb) without too much drop in performance from the cart. With the normal (>20psi) tires I can get about 18mph on relatively flat ground and closer to 15mph with < 10-15' elevation change over longer runs.

i need to replace my battery pack and quite possibly the charger. with that, I am taking the opportunity to all but gut the electrical system and upgrade it to 48v. even though i don't want to, it just makes sense. i'll be performing many of the upgrades they are recommending to you so i'll keep you posted as to results.

good luck and welcome to the addiction..
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2015, 07:10 PM   #12
timkelco
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That's good to know ShrpShtr, I was wondering if I could spread out the upgrade and fix it when it breaks. So maybe I will get a good battery pack, put on a lift and drive it like a human. That way I can get some use out of it and spread my upgrades over the year so I can afford to buy the good stuff and not cut corners.

By the way my wife is real happy I found this site
timkelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #13
timkelco
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Batteries are charged as good as they can be, putting out 37 volts. Not great, but should be enough to make things go. I get the beep in reverse (that's gotta go) but no other clicking or attempt to move. Solenoid or F/R switch?
Old 01-15-2015, 07:11 AM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by timkelco View Post
Batteries are charged as good as they can be, putting out 37 volts. Not great, but should be enough to make things go. I get the beep in reverse (that's gotta go) but no other clicking or attempt to move. Solenoid or F/R switch?
of its not CLICKING....first thing is to check out the activation circuit.

Wiring Diagram Series with Solenoid Activation Traced.JPG

if it still doesn't move, start tracing out the High Current circuit until you find the open.

Wiring Diagram Series-Hi-Current traced.JPG
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #15
timkelco
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will check all the wiring. I looks like the solenoid and F/R switch are in these circuits. Since they are on my upgrade list, I may just order them and replace them while I am tracing the wires. The wires are in great shape, I guess I can use my tool that beeps when I have a complete circuit...I have no idea what its called...LOL its just a function on my voltage/amp testing tool.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO