lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2015, 12:54 AM   #11
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

Default Re: Want to lift my EZGO RXV, Need help.

were the spacers required kirksingleton? I am noticing most people have to use the spacers, is it just for the front? Good looking cart.
GotaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2015, 07:51 AM   #12
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

[QUOTE=kirksingleton;1110834]here are some photos of my 2014 RXV. I lifted it 3" using the oem 3"lift kit that ezgo is selling on eBay, it also comes with a bigger brake. I am using 12" rims, 215-50-12 backlash tires and 1" wheel spacers (also from eBay). My tires measure about 21" tall. I didn't go bigger because I didn't want to lose tork. My cart has plenty of power still and runs about 22 mph and with the spacers seems stable enough but I definitely don't mess around going full speed. This cart is on the golf course 90% of the time so I needed a tire that is turf friendly but wanted the lifted look.

Pulled part of comments to point out that lifting RXV and adding larger tires
can cause issues. Take note from someone who owns lifted RXV. Adult,responsible,experienced drivers should have no problems. Teens/kids -- Not so sure.

I didn't go bigger because I didn't want to lose torque.
seems stable enough but I definitely don't mess around going full speed.

Please clarify:

"it also comes with a bigger brake."

What brake?
RXV's have no "brake" on wheels.
Does kit add brake?

Good Luck !!!
Keep us posted !!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:33 AM   #13
grizzly53
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

have 2010 rxv I put 6 in jakes lift with 14 in black mega star wheels with 23x10x14 backlash tires put 3 in spacers on back and 2 in on front to widen stance adjusted throttle cable runs 20 mph and is pretty stable
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 094.jpg (162.5 KB, 0 views)
grizzly53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #14
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

I guess spacers would allow more stable driving at higher speeds? The torque concerns me some but without large hills in my area I might be able to get away with it.

Is there that much difference between a 23" and 25" tire? Is it just the weight of the tire that is the problem? Perhaps get some 'mud light' tires to save on weight.
GotaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #15
grizzly53
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

the tires on mine are pretty agressive i use mine on road and run around the woods at campground
grizzly53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you knew how the brake is mounted to the motor, you would quickly see why a bigger brake is un-fesable.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #17
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Me thinks we may be mixing gas & electric.

Adjusting throttle cable?
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:24 PM   #18
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

cg & redneck-
yes, mine is electric.
Here is the link to the ezgo oem lift kit that I bought. It came with a "heavy duty" motor brake that replaces the factory rxv engine brake (see photo in the link).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Inch-Spind...492150?vxp=mtr

The spacers were only needed on the rear as the tire rubbed during hard turns. I added them on the front and back but there were no problems in the front. Granted that the oem diamond wheels do not have any additional offset. You may not need them with some offset as it was a really mild rub. BTW- I have the HD rear leaf springs. Initially I had 1/4" steel spacers that was a plate- looked like a big washer. That was enough to stop the rubbing. I worried that the factory lugs were not long enough so I bought the new spacers.
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #19
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

ps- the factory kit also added a heavy steel plate (see lower right side of ebay photo). It mounts in front of the frame, behind of the rxv plastic center bumper. The frame is pre drilled for this to drop in. I am not really sure why it is needed except for some sort of frame strengthening. Any ideas?
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #20
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotaCamaro View Post
I love the way these wheels/tires look below on a RXV. Any clue what kind of tires those are and the size of the wheels? I believe these are 25" maybe on a 10 or 12 inch wheel? After seeing these its hard to want 23"

Those look like the wheels/tires off of the badboy carts...?

I did a 6" Jake's lift with 23x10.5x12's on my rxv. I've been real happy with the install. Very easy. Very stable cart.
I'd be concerned with stability going with a tall mud tire on the streets. They aren't particularly laterally stable. Been there done that with a go kart.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...de-thread.html
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO