lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #61
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1992 Club Car DS - Renovation Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Just curious, why don't you like the DPI?
I originally purchased it because lots of people seemed to like theirs. And maybe I've just got a lemon but when I got the charger it was overcharging the batteries but I didn't realize it until a few weeks or so afterwards.

Dealing with DPI has been frustrating to get a replacement board took lots of time, many phone calls, etc. Finally got a replacement board and it went bad within a week and wouldn't charge. We did have some storms and I don't know if it took a hit but no other electronics had any issues.

I inspected the board prior to returning to DPI and there was no signs of heat, no missing traces, no charred components, the surface mount fuses were good. When I spoke to DPI they said there was lots of lightning damage going on so I wonder if their equipment is too sensitive since nothing else I own has had any issues.

The original 36 volt Lester I got with the cart, it was 24 or so years old and worked perfectly. This 48v DPI was bad from the beginning, and only lasted a week with the new board. On top of that, it's been a nightmare dealing with them.

Also sent a letter to their CEO detailing the chain of events which I received no response from. So my current plans are to get the board replaced, sell this thing for 1/2 price (still under warranty) and buy something else.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #62
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
I originally purchased it because lots of people seemed to like theirs. And maybe I've just got a lemon but when I got the charger it was overcharging the batteries but I didn't realize it until a few weeks or so afterwards.

Dealing with DPI has been frustrating to get a replacement board took lots of time, many phone calls, etc. Finally got a replacement board and it went bad within a week and wouldn't charge. We did have some storms and I don't know if it took a hit but no other electronics had any issues.

I inspected the board prior to returning to DPI and there was no signs of heat, no missing traces, no charred components, the surface mount fuses were good. When I spoke to DPI they said there was lots of lightning damage going on so I wonder if their equipment is too sensitive since nothing else I own has had any issues.

The original 36 volt Lester I got with the cart, it was 24 or so years old and worked perfectly. This 48v DPI was bad from the beginning, and only lasted a week with the new board. On top of that, it's been a nightmare dealing with them.

Also sent a letter to their CEO detailing the chain of events which I received no response from. So my current plans are to get the board replaced, sell this thing for 1/2 price (still under warranty) and buy something else.
Gotcha, I read through your other post about this. i understand what you're going through- it's no fun...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:58 AM   #63
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
Other than that want to do some aluminum cleaning and will be using acid coil cleaner that is normally used to clean AC evaporator units.
What did you use to clean your aluminum? I must know what it is and where to get some.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #64
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

I used an acid based HVAC coil cleaner. They had a green (mild) cleaner and the acid based is pink. Tried aluminum wheel cleaner but the coil cleaner works much better.

Do a Google search for pink HVAC coil cleaner. Grainger among others have it.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car