lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #11
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: When removing this motor should i---

No, it began when one the field winding lugs sheared off after being overheated. So I removed the 4 bolts to get motor off to have it repaired but the armature was stuck. Using a method I won't go into details now, I removed the rear assy to drop and jolt the armature off. After hundreds of attempts, I slammed it down cracking the differential housing in a couple of places. The only regret I have is not pursuing replacement options sooner.

If the armature isn't frozen on there, then it may slide off. I'll use some silicone or antiseize on the new spline.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #12
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
No, it began when one the field winding lugs sheared off after being overheated. So I removed the 4 bolts to get motor off to have it repaired but the armature was stuck. Using a method I won't go into details now, I removed the rear assy to drop and jolt the armature off. After hundreds of attempts, I slammed it down cracking the differential housing in a couple of places. The only regret I have is not pursuing replacement options sooner.

If the armature isn't frozen on there, then it may slide off. I'll use some silicone or antiseize on the new spline.
thanks for the explanation i think know i am really getting ready,... to find a shop--- that isn't a crook, to do this job.
/ cast aluminum corrodes over causing Tight fit between the housing and the motor.This cart did set in an open ended barn for 10-12 years. i am probably looking at the same ending as you had. thanks again bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #13
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Bob, I missed what cart you have but if you aren't able to get the motor off, plumquick has complete rear ends for about $275. Also have the bandits for $250 or so. Look at their website. Rear ends under used parts for sale. Good luck.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:13 PM   #14
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Im 100 percent successful in removing stuck armatures. When they are that stuck, remove the differential, remove the outer motor case so only the armature is hanging on the diff. Stand the differential with armature facing down so you can spray PB Blaster down the splines. Let it sit over night, sometimes longer. ( worst one I had took 3 days) I have a 6 foot long digging stick, I wedge that sucker in there and pry it off. I do other stuff when they are not stuck on that bad.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:39 AM   #15
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
Bob, I missed what cart you have but if you aren't able to get the motor off, plumquick has complete rear ends for about $275. Also have the bandits for $250 or so. Look at their website. Rear ends under used parts for sale. Good luck.
Thanks.but this rear end is fine, just the clunk that i want o get rid of. Repair shops, seem to be few and far between, in lower mich. Want to find someone who can do this in a home shop...that might be his hobby, etc. Does anyone know a good "going rate" on repair. b-t hour.Or how do they might charge? Ihave Anold 77 ford pickup and a trailer needing tires badly .........so staying fairly close is better thing for me. If not .........i will travel if need be thanks for looking anything let me know bob s
Old 06-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #16
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Why couldn't one soak the joint of the motor to the casing in PB blaster fr a couple weeks then-- pop it loose with a plastic or lead hammer?Iwill soak this in PB blaster anyway.for the next guy.

no matter i will let the repair guy take it apart. scares me to think of breaking the case
Old 06-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Hard to get the PB blaster where it needs to go - it's the splines that are stuck.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #18
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Hard to get the PB blaster where it needs to go - it's the splines that are stuck.
Anytime I install a new motor, I always use anti-seize on the coupling. I have never had a problem removing a motor when I have done this, even after over 15yr.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #19
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpres View Post
Anytime I install a new motor, I always use anti-seize on the coupling. I have never had a problem removing a motor when I have done this, even after over 15yr.

i wil remember that
Old 06-09-2015, 07:16 PM   #20
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post

takes care of that then/How do the shops take them apart? i mean..they don't go dropping the customers stuff on the floor. They must have special tools for this huh??or ...lost customer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car