lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
AReed
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Issue

I have a 2009 RXV that I am having issues with. First off I'll start by saying I've only had this cart for one year and it had brand new batteries installed when I bought it. My issue started one day when my wife and I were out riding around. We were only out for about two hours on a full charge and everything was fine. We stopped at the park and and shut it off and when we tried to leave the cart would not go in forward or reverse. The solenoid clicks and the you can hear it go through the startup sequence but the cart will not move. The strange part to me is that when the accelerator is pushed down and the cart switched to reverse the buzzer still sounds. This shouldn't happen. I have replaced both switches on the accelerator, the encoder on the motor. I have also swapped out the solenoid and brake with my mother in laws cart. Also in my research I found that there is a terminal that can come loose inside the controller. I opened the controller and everything was tight and looked brand new. Also the motor did not smell burned when I replaced the encoder. I am completely stumped and this is causing me to lose what little hair I have left. Someone please help!
AReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2015, 03:27 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV Issue

You might not yet be at the level of "disassemble the controller to see whats wrong". I wonder what pieces in there did you know you were looking for? Which parts were you going to change? What did the programmer not tell you about the problem that you might find by taking it apart? What did the programmer tell you was wrong? Sorry, that was the wrong way for you to approach this. A EE perhaps?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #3
AReed
Not Yet Wild

Still looking for some useful information on my issue. Has anyone had this same problem or heard of it before? I noticed today that the slight buzzing noise when you turn the key on is much shorter on my cart compared to my mother in laws cart. She has the same exact cart that we do.
AReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Find somewhere with a programmer and pay the fee to read the codes, or keep replacing parts until you find the problem... I think the first option would be cheaper.
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO