lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Moose308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Losing power and motor and controller get hot

I'm new to the cart world even though I have had my 07ezgo for a while. I have replaced my batteries and upgraded the cables. Now I was out on it today and it would just stop after riding along slow. The compartment where the controller is was very hot along with the cable going to the motor. I'm not looking for any kind of high speed. I'm planning on using my cart for hunting so I want as much torque as I can get for rough roads and hills. The cart was lifted when I purchased it and it has 14 inch wheels on it. I know I'm losing torque from them what should be my first try. I really don't have a lot of money to throw at it all at once so would it be better to start by upgrading the controller or the motor. I believe I figured out that I already have a 350 amp controller on it now. Sorry but y'all will have to be patient with me because all this stuff is way over my head.
Thanks for your all your help in advance.
Moose308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2015, 05:02 PM   #2
Moose308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Losing power and motor and controller get hot

Thanks guys for all your help.
Moose308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO