lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
401jeeper
Not Yet Wild

Default First cart, have a few questions

I bought a cart for transport at tractor shows ( both wife and mother are disabled and my knees suck ). The serial number is A9933 791023 I know it's a 99 48volt built in the 33rd week. Trying to figure out what kind of electrical system it uses? I also want to paint it but it has a lot of gouges in the body that need to be filled. I'm not sure if the bodies are plastic or fiberglass? I need to find a good filler. Another question I have is this cart has no run/tow switch that I've found if it runs out of battery power what is a safe way to move it? Thanks in advance Chuck

Last edited by 401jeeper; 09-03-2015 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: added another question
401jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: First cart, have a few questions

to BGW

If it doesn't have a Run/Tow switch it's a series drive system. The body is a material that CC calls 'Armorflex' which is basically a stong plastic. To tow it, make sure the shifter is in neutral and key switch is off. Do not exceed 20 mph (to avoid overspinning the motor armature) and you will be fine.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: First cart, have a few questions

I just used some bondo type body filler on a cart I was working on and found that it was fairly easy to use. The key is mixing the correct amount of hardner and then get it as level with an applicator to make the job of sanding easier.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #4
401jeeper
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response. Are there any pros /cons to this system?
401jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #5
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have used P-Tex to fill in some gouges on my ds and it worked great. It is used by ski shops to fill in gouges on the bottom of skis. Just heat it up and it pours on like hotwax easy to sand and shape.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car