lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
RoyalChief
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2010 TXT ezgo wont move/start

I have a 2010 txt ezgo that quit working yesterday. Plugged it in the charger and left for the day, came back today and it wont move in forward or reverse( no beeps in revere.) I did the following test to check the solenoid and both passed.( I do not get a click when pushing down the pedal. Tested the F&R switch and it seems fine. Fully charged batteries

"Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery. remove all wires, restorer , and diode from solenoid
test 1
Connect an volt meter, set on continuity, place on the two large terminal studs. The meter should indicate no continuity, Replace the solenoid if continuity is present.
test 2
Using jumper wires attach from main positive and main negative of battery pack to the two small solenoid studs, polarity is not important. You should hear a click as the solenoid engages, and the meter should indicate continuity on the two large terminals. Replace the solenoid if continuity is not present.
if solenoid clicks rapidly solenoid is bad

What else am i missing? The controller is a stock curtis model 1206hb-5201
RoyalChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2010 TXT ezgo wont move/start

Your reed switch may have failed. Sounds like a series cart... Check for pack voltage on the red wire on the micro switches in the FNR box. Red lead of your VOM on it then Black lead on the - post of the main pack.. If you have voltage keep looking, if not the reed has failed and can be bypassed..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #3
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Solenoid is not problem. Best way to troubleshoot cart is with solenoid installed with cart secured against sudden movement while probing around with voltmeter.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
RoyalChief
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It is a Series txt 48v. Going down now to check the reed switch. How would i tell if the controller is bad, or does that not seem like a problem if the cart chargers.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
RoyalChief
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Your reed switch may have failed. Sounds like a series cart... Check for pack voltage on the red wire on the micro switches in the FNR box. Red lead of your VOM on it then Black lead on the - post of the main pack.. If you have voltage keep looking, if not the reed has failed and can be bypassed..
After doing this test there is no voltage on the red wire, there is continuity tho . How do i go about bypassing the reed switch, or even getting a new one?
Old 10-05-2015, 01:53 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you follow that wire it goes into a harness that comes from the charging receptacle. The reed switch is in there and connects to the white wire when the charger plug is removed. Keeps the cart from being moved while plugged in. You can either splice it at the plug or just run a jumper from the white wire on the + pack post to the red wire on the FnR switch. You may want to try that just to see if it fixes your problem..
Old 10-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
RoyalChief
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I looked up a few old post about bypassing the reed switch, and they all seem to be the D shape plug 36v. Does my V shape 48v have this reed switch?
Old 10-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well sir I believe you are correct.. Trying to find the wiring diagram for the 48 volt cart..
Old 10-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #9
RoyalChief
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think iv found the problem... I traced the red wire from the FNR to the solenoid-solenoid to the charging port where they plug in at. The wire was zip tied to the frame causing it to pull the wire out of the plug ( very hard to see ). I'm leaving work for the day so ill post a picture tomorrow. Thank you all for the help!
Old 10-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Excellent !! Post pictures if possible and wire colors for future reference pls..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO