lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
rileymon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 92 club car troubles

purchased the club car a while back to fix up .
first things first was a new set of batteries. Batteries over here are double what they cost in the states so I don't just jump up to go buy them.
All is well ,install the batteries and nothing, OK well then pulled out the batteries and started to check out the cart and found a bad forward micro switch, a bad micro switch in the v glide. Went ahead and pulled the back body off to poke and prod this thing a little easier. things seem to point to the solenoid failure so ordered a new one with the micro switches.
All the original wiring in the cart is unmolested but when checking out the solenoid it was put in backwards which I think burned up the switch in the v glide.
Well we get the parts shipped from the states and install the switch in the v glide and the switch on the f/r switch .new solenoid installed ,drop the batteries back in. The only modification so far is the resistor to the reverse micro switch was burned and just added a piece of wire to replace it.
well jack up the back and turn on the key ,hit the gas and presto ,she started running ,Didn't want to spoil all the fun ,let down the jack ,found me a piece of 2x6 to put across the batteries to sit on and take this baby for a spin. Well next thing you know I've knocked my EZGO about 8 feet back into my truck.
Oh well just put it in forward and tap the pedal to get her back in the car port.
That was not a smart idea either! Any how .This cart has one speed from the time you tap the pedal and ignite the solenoid is wide open. This Club Car has a Curtis controller 1402-015 that has been rebuilt before and stock motor, was part of a fleet in Sarasota .Fl. really don.t know how to test motor or controller at this time ,any help would be highly appreciated!
rileymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 club car troubles

Forgive me if I get this wrong because I didn't read every word. Somewhere between the white sand, the gentle breeze, and warm sun, I fell asleep. But if the cart goes fast with a little throttle and slow with a lot of pedal then there is a mismatch between the control and the pedal signal. put the cart on blocks to test this theory.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:05 PM   #3
rileymon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the reply,
When We first put the car back together it was up on Jack stands. Didn't realize it was having the problem .just hit the pedal to see if it would run in forward and reverse which it did. Then we decided to run it and found the speed problem. now running it on the jack it runs something heats up and just slowly runs till stop .it runs about 45 seconds and dies
Old 10-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #4
rileymon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

upon further review the 5.1k ohm resistor that was bad and I added a piece of wire that connects between the v glide and the reverse micro switch ?
Could this be the reason for the low end burnouts?
The v switch comes with the new resistor ,very pricey
Not a very common item here. no radio shack.
Any ideas on where to buy the resistors to repair ?
Help !
Old 10-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is some information (links) that may help you:
Wiring Diagram for 36v controller cart (92-94).
VGlide Multi-Step Potentiometer (36v) Detail.

Resistors:
910Ω

620Ω (2 needed)

750Ω

820Ω

1100Ω

5100Ω
You will also need some non-insulated ring terminals to crimp on each end of the resistors.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #6
rileymon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

thanks for the info will let you know what I find out.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:40 PM   #7
rileymon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well make a long story short. . By passed the vglide micro switch and disconnected the black and white wire at controller . Powered the solenoid and she runs like no tomorrow so at this time we will be in the market for a replacement ontroller to replace the 1402 015 Curtis controller
Old 10-27-2016, 03:47 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unfortunately that does not prove the controller is bad.

Set your meter to 20kΩ and place the probes on the black and white wires you disconnected from controller terminals #2 and #3.

With the Key OFF and the FNR in forward, measure the resistance from the time You hear the VGlide micro-switch click all the way to pedal down.

It should go from to about 5kΩ.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #9
rileymon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

yes sir the v glide resistance went from 0 to 5.0 ohms at full pedal
Old 10-27-2016, 05:24 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

In that case it looks like You need a new controller.

Just remember to either replace the 5.1kΩ resistor or disconnect the wires from the 1/2 reverse micro-switch for full speed in both directions.

You cannot replace that resistor with a wire or the cart will not run in reverse.

Tags
batteries, micro switches, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car