lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2016, 11:26 PM   #31
Dlav
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Sudden power loss / weak batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
lol they were rode hard and put up wet, 2 years more like 3-4. there is probably at least 1 or 2 bad batteries in the pack. I know it's crazy to say just by a picture, but it's worth a thousand words!
Can I just test the batteries individually and replace only bad ones?
Dlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2016, 11:29 PM   #32
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I bought the cart bone stock early last summer and the batteries had some cells low on water. So the batteries were already 5 years old. I kept them topped off and drove and recharged them often. They came back to life some and gave me a 6th year of good service with no issues. But then in about a months time range dropped off significantly. But I can't complain as I bought the cart assuming it would need batteries right away...
Your right, that's good service from them. That's why I usually recommend to people they buy a gas car so they don't need to deal with batteries, unless they absolutely can't, like living in a community where noise is an issue. Cool thing is, the new yamaha G29 Drive 2 gas car is extremely quiet, sometimes I still can't believe it
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:06 AM   #33
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlav View Post
Also I found out the batteries are 2012 based on the stamp on the lead. Is 4 years a reasonable life for batteries?
You should usually get 4 to 5 years out of a set of 8 volt batteries, If you take care of them. Check the water and keep them charged
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car