lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #11
mcalan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Loom

Cheers Bob, again!
mcalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalan View Post
Cheers Bob, again!
If you need help, I'll be here. I bought a 10 pack of those 4 pin ATX extender cables from a seller in China for US $7.32. These have 2 yellow wires and 2 black wires. I put a red sleeve over one of the black wires just to define that it was not the common ground wire. I have the pins for both ends and empty connectors of both sexes, so I could have made one up with the OEM colors. Signals don't care about the color of the insulation, so as long as you keep it right in your head to get them plugged into the right holes in the 35 pin connector, you'll be good to go

I connected the +12-15V wire because I want my Curtis handheld to work with the converted RXVs. I recommend putting a cap (or sealed empty connector of the opposite sex) in order to keep the weather out.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:54 AM   #13
mcalan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Bob,

I have ordered similar item ,and I will be careful to follow your advice. Don't want to fry my new Hand Held!

So I have nearly got everything done now converting the Harness, it was very straight forward thanks to your previous posts.

I wonder if you may have an image or two of the completed curtis controller installed? I only ask as I want to make certain I have all the connections correct .
Although I took loads of photos on the old installation before I stripped it out, I have for instance re- installed the resistor control module which I am assuming is correct?

Yet again ,I am in your debt for all your advice Many thanks to you.
mcalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:54 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hi Bob,

I have ordered similar item ,and I will be careful to follow your advice. Don't want to fry my new Hand Held!

So I have nearly got everything done now converting the Harness, it was very straight forward thanks to your previous posts.

I wonder if you may have an image or two of the completed curtis controller installed? I only ask as I want to make certain I have all the connections correct .
Although I took loads of photos on the old installation before I stripped it out, I have for instance re- installed the resistor control module which I am assuming is correct?

Yet again ,I am in your debt for all your advice Many thanks to you.
The resistor control module is not used on the Curtis controller. The resistor included in the Curtis controller assembly connects to the RES controller terminal on one end, and the B+ terminal on the other end. The Curtis controller has the resistor control built in.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Being rid of the Resistor control module is one of the best things about the Curtis upgrade. It has failed me many times, and is incredibly stupid expensive for what's inside. BTW, here's what's inside. (dunk it in paint thinner for about a week & the potting is very willing to come apart).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160429_135418_510.jpg (56.7 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:37 PM   #16
chavezv77
Not Yet Wild

Bob,

What's the part # for the pliers.
chavezv77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:20 PM   #17
Oscarezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hi Bob,
Those crimp pliers I have in my box . Thanks for the pictures and explanation ,it is a massive help to me.
I will go back to Howlands and order now.
IF you ever swing by Burlington Ontario, beers are on me all evening.
Many thanks again!
Hey Maclan.... Is that Burlington Ontario Canada? I'm in Toronto... 2009 RXV has gone to sleep. Lots of good diagnosis has been done. Net Net.... I fear Danaher has quit. We share the same problem except you may have solved yours. If you are really in Burlington, might I go for a wee drive and we could chat. With or w/o beer
Oscarezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO