lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #1
Blackbeard
Not Yet Wild

Question 2 1/2 Year Old T-105 Batteries

I purchased six new trojan t-105 batteries for my 2002 thirty six volt pds golf cart in July of 2014. I broke in the batteries and have maintained them exactly as described on Trojans site and per Scotty B's instructions on his site. I check the water level every couple weeks and add distilled water as needed. My cart is lifted and has 22x11x10 tires on it. It also has a dc reducer that turns on and off with the key switch which I have lights and a radio connected to. Other than that it is stock. I use the cart every couple of days for 2 to 3 mIles on flat ground. After running the cart for a couple miles on flat paved and dirt roads I am now getting low voltage beeps from the controller and the cart is very weak. I have never let the batteries go below 50% soc and charge the cart after each use. My first set of batteries (cosco) lasted six years. I have tried the equalize the batteries and there was no change. To say the least I am disappointed with facing having to replace these batteries after such a short period. The ez go dealer I purchased the batteries from says average life is 4 to 6 years but sometimes less and offered no assistance. Have others had their trojan batteries go bad after such a short period? Any suggestions or advice on the cause of such short battery life? Should i avoid trojan batteries for my next battery purchase? I was told trojans are the best?Thanks for all replys!!
Blackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 1/2 Year Old T-105 Batteries

JMO-you probably have a bad batt. and not a whole pack...test each batt, at rest-then under load-you may find a bad one-and at this stage in the game-i would just replace the one if that is the case....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
DestinBeachBuggy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 1/2 Year Old T-105 Batteries

I would agree with mutant. I had a bad post on one of my batteries that caused similar issues. It would seemingly charge fine and even read 36 V, but when put under a load, would hardly move the cart.
DestinBeachBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO