lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Misfit fender flares

Received fender flares yesterday but they don't seem to fit very well. The front top support seems to get in the way of the front flares. Neither the front or the rear flares conform just right to the contours of the body. The packing list does say they are for a 95+ TXT. (I have a 2003) The real problem is that every site I look at them on shows the exact same set as pictured. For those of you that have installed these, have you had similar issues or do you have any hints?

GOLFERDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2017, 08:11 AM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Misfit fender flares

I ordered a couple different sets for my last TXT (2006) and neither fit very well. I was able to get one to work by mounting one hole then bending around the wheel opening. Still didn't fit like I would have wanted, but they kept spray off me from oversize tires.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:18 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but you may be able to use a heat gum to soften the plastic to bend it to fit.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #4
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but you may be able to use a heat gum to soften the plastic to bend it to fit.
I tried that on one of the sets with no luck. By the time it got pliable, it was too late and they deformed badly. I was able to get them somewhat OK with some playing and bending, but I was never really happy with the fit.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Those look like the ones I have on my 2005 TXT. While they weren't perfectly molded for the body, I feel they mounted fine and look good. I had no real issues with them and they work well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150124_113128.jpg (318.2 KB, 0 views)
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

LVJC, Yours definitely look like a different brand. Do you remember what brand they were or where you bought them from? They look really good!
Old 02-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #7
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFERDAN View Post
LVJC, Yours definitely look like a different brand. Do you remember what brand they were or where you bought them from? They look really good!
You know what, I just looked at my pics and I realized those flares are my "old" ones. I will have to do some digging to figure out where I got those, been a while.
I have different ones on it now that look more like what you have above.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Since you've been here a while, is it possible you posted pics, here when you installed them? That might help you narrow down when you bought them.

I keep a folder of all receipts for my buggy, except things I blew up or got rid of.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #9
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Unfortunately, my avatar pic is only a couple years old. My "old" flares were installed at least 5 years before that. I will dig, see what I can find. I know I purchased them on the internet. I do have receipts for "most" of the cart stuff.
I think sometimes I really dont want to know how much I've spent over the years on the cart.........
Old 02-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #10
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

LVCJ, I know what you mean. I made the mistake of listing everything I've added to the cart already along with the price. Bad Mistake!! Thanks for looking for those flares.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO