lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default help finding rxv main wire harness

Can anyone tell me where i can purchase a brand new main wiring harness for an rxv?

Either for the danaher controller models or the curtis controller models or both?

It seems every place i see, they are not available, and haven't been for quite awhile. I am looking for 1 of each. Also, i have seen about 4 different part numbers for main rxv wire harness, and still none of the 4 numbers are available?

MAIN WIRE HARNESS NOT ACCESSORY HARNESS.

Anyone? I have seen a couple places that supposedly have them in stock, but when i go to purchase it, they say out of stock.

Thanks for any help.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: help finding rxv main wire harness

It's very "hit & miss" for me to get Curtis harnesses. Danaher harnesses, LOL, haven't seen one in over a year. I have resorted to converting to Curtis, given up on Danaher harnesses.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:08 PM   #3
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Im willing to convert, no problem, i just can't find any new harness, of any of the different part numbers.

If i got an old danaher harness that is eaten up by corrossion, its no good to use to convert, so am looking for any new harness for an rxv.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:32 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Can anyone tell me where i can purchase a brand new main wiring harness for an rxv?

Either for the danaher controller models or the curtis controller models or both?

It seems every place i see, they are not available, and haven't been for quite awhile. I am looking for 1 of each. Also, i have seen about 4 different part numbers for main rxv wire harness, and still none of the 4 numbers are available?

MAIN WIRE HARNESS NOT ACCESSORY HARNESS.

Anyone? I have seen a couple places that supposedly have them in stock, but when i go to purchase it, they say out of stock.

Thanks for any help.
Check out this E-Z-GO part number, 609397. It is a Danaher version harness for the 2Five. It can be used on an RXV and can be converted to work with the Curtis controller. It even supports an in-dash speedometer (E-Z-GO part number 609401) with built-in SOC meter when used with the Danaher controller.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Bob, in order to use this in an rxv, would i need to follow your directions you posted on converting from danaher to curtis?
Old 02-18-2017, 08:37 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Im willing to convert, no problem, i just can't find any new harness, of any of the different part numbers.

If i got an old danaher harness that is eaten up by corrossion, its no good to use to convert, so am looking for any new harness for an rxv.
I've replaced the bad wires on bad harnesses. I hate having to replace sensor and switch connectors though. I guess it's all a challenge.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #7
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Bob I'm not following your answer? My question to you, on this harness number you gave, if i buy one, to use on an rxv, can you tell me :

If the rxv is a curtis rxv ( not2five), do i need to do any converting of anything?

Also if i use this on a danaher rxv ( not2five), then do i just have to do your previously posted conversion tecnick?
Old 02-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob, in order to use this in an rxv, would i need to follow your directions you posted on converting from danaher to curtis?
It will work as-is with a Danaher controller. You can convert it to Curtis just like the RXV harness. The primary difference is there is no 'emergency brake' feature. Slamming on the brake pedal will not lock up the motor brake like the RXV normally will. I feel that is a good thing actually. No exploded motor brakes from brake pedal abuse.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #9
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

just to clarify, there will be no emergency brake feature, on which application? Both if used in a danaher rxv and a curtis one ( after harness is converted)?

Or which one?
Old 02-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Bob I'm not following your answer? My question to you, on this harness number you gave, if i buy one, to use on an rxv, can you tell me :

If the rxv is a curtis rxv ( not2five), do i need to do any converting of anything?

Also if i use this on a danaher rxv ( not2five), then do i just have to do your previously posted conversion tecnick?
The 2Five is pretty much a road-legal RXV with a title and registration. It has features that are not on the RXV, such as support for a speedometer/SOC meter and a rabbit/turtle switch to select 25 MPH/14 MPH modes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO