lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2017, 04:28 PM   #1
rynkshermy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax SPM 48300 EZ 4 blink green

I have a spm 48300 EZ controller. A few weeks ago my 1994 medalist ezgo stopped working. It gave me a 4 green error code.... ITS Throttle. Do you have any recommendations on how to fix this? We have already took voltage measurements for everything going into controller but nothing coming out..... I have read on maybe reprogramming controller..... any info wouuld be great.... Thanks
rynkshermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax SPM 48300 EZ 4 blink green

I don't know what the error code means.

There is a 4 pin (wire) Molex connector from the throttle box that connects the microswitch and ITS to the wiring harness. In a TXT, it is located between the FNR and controller. Try unplugging it, spray contact cleaner, then repeatedly plug/unplug/replug, to clean the contacts.

If that works, it will come back again some day. I finally just soldered mine together, and eliminated the plug. I lived with it for years, and when it didn't go, simply unplugged and replugged it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:16 PM   #3
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The 4 green flashes is not an error code, it indicates the controller is set to Ez Go ITS throttle. It should then go solid green, indicating it is ready to run. I had trouble with that molex connector between throttle box and controller also.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the LED goes solid green after 4 green flash it is good to go. (as explained above) Push the go pedal to the floor and the green light should turn orange indicating the controller is seeing a full throttle signal.
This would eliminate the possibility of a throttle signal problem.
The error codes for the SPM control are a combination of red/greed flashes below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SPM LED status.JPG (86.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
rynkshermy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Im sorry I worded it wrong.... I knew that 4 greens wasnty an error.... The problem I am having is thats all that happens when I push the pedal. It just keeps flashing 4 green. Nothing moves. I will try the suggestions above and post an update. Thanks
rynkshermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:57 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

That's what I assumed, since it used to work, but now doesn't.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO