lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: 79 Ezgo resistor cart 36v to 48v

here's what you need
350 amp controller
200 amp HD solenoid
HD F&R switch
4 gauge cables
throttle conversion kit
linkage
install hardware
48v charger
approximately $1250 ~ $1400
ol Mater is worth it !! that is a good lookin cart
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2017, 09:28 AM   #12
crash test dummy

but you can sell your old charger and make back a little money
Old 09-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
here's what you need
350 amp controller
200 amp HD solenoid
HD F&R switch
4 gauge cables
throttle conversion kit
linkage
install hardware
48v charger
approximately $1250 ~ $1400
ol Mater is worth it !! that is a good lookin cart
The attached picture is an alternative to a throttle conversion kit.

Looks like somebody used a controller with a 0-5kΩ throttle and rigged the original wiper board with fixed resistors for the throttle input to the controller. It has five fixed speeds rather than being continuously variable like it would have been if a pot-box kit was used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Five-speed wiper switch.JPG (188.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #14
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think the cart looks cool, [and I don't know who/what mater is]! West Coast mirrors kind of work with the rest of the cart. Do you ever bump into them getting on or off her?
dundeebarnbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #15
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay33089 View Post
I really do like this old cart. I've went through the trouble of fixing it up to look like Mater, new wheels and tires, lift, and built a new battery rack for it. I will eventually upgrade to a controller but don't have the funds at the moment. I already have a set of 48v batteries I scored for $100 from my buddy. He crashed his club car took the batteries out (only six months old) and junked the cart! Wish he would have told me before he scrapped it! I coułd have made a Franken Cart! Maybe I'll run across a junker for cheap I can get the electronics out of. (One that just needs batteries and they don't know it! Lol!) Heres a pic of ol Mater!
Very nicely done, your Tow Mater is a keeper. It's in excellent condition for its age! Heck, somewhere around here I have a new old stock Curtis controller that would be perfect for that project. I just have to dig it out and confirm that it's 48V compatible. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: I looked where it should have been and it was not there. Maybe it was stolen when the druggies broke in back in 2013.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #16
Jay33089
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Very nicely done, your Tow Mater is a keeper. It's in excellent condition for its age! Heck, somewhere around here I have a new old stock Curtis controller that would be perfect for that project. I just have to dig it out and confirm that it's 48V compatible. Let me see if I can find it.
Let me know about that controller! I would be interested if the price is right! Lol!
Jay33089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #17
Jay33089
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
I think the cart looks cool, [and I don't know who/what mater is]! West Coast mirrors kind of work with the rest of the cart. Do you ever bump into them getting on or off her?
Never had a problem hitting them! I still have a few odds and ends to do in the next few weeks to make it look more authentic! Check out the Disney Cars movie you'll see who Tow Mater is! I'll post more pics as I go!
Old 09-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #18
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
cartoon

Old 09-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay33089 View Post
Let me know about that controller! I would be interested if the price is right! Lol!
It would have been free if I could have found it. I stopped designing and building DC EVs/NEVs many years ago. Everything I did in later years was AC drive. I closed my shop this past December. It was just not worth the fight to fabricate prototype vehicles anymore after the druggies stole most of my materials and machining tooling. I was not about to invest $100K+ to replace what had taken me years to purchase. Paying others to fabricate for me just rubbed me the wrong way. It was constantly reminding of the break-in.

I do have some new old stock Alltrax AXE controllers that I bought to keep in inventory, but they are 72V and my investment was pretty steep. I figured I might need some replacement controllers for the 72V NEVs that were coming out at that time. Alltrax has come down in price and made controllers a lot more user friendly with their interface software.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #20
Jay33089
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=BobBoyce;1432990]It would have been free if I could have found it. I stopped designing and building DC EVs/NEVs many years ago. Everything I did in later years was AC drive. I closed my shop this past December. It was just not worth the fight to fabricate prototype vehicles anymore after the druggies stole most of my materials and machining tooling. I was not about to invest $100K+ to replace what had taken me years to purchase. Paying others to fabricate for me just rubbed me the wrong way. It was constantly reminding of the break-in.

I do have some new old stock Alltrax AXE controllers that I bought to keep in inventory, but they are 72V and my investment was pretty steep. I figured I might need some replacement controllers for the 72V NEVs that were coming out at that time. Alltrax has come down in price and made controllers a lot more user friendly with their interface software.

Well at least you tried! I really appreciate it. Are those Alltrax controllers DC? I wouldn't be opposed to 72v! Go big or go home right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO