lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Bad boy buggy

Hey guys, wasn't sure where to put this but I figured it's closer to an ezgo than anything else. My dad just bought a 2013 bad boy buggy xto. He bought it knowing that it needed a set of batteries and only a set of batteries. So...... he buys batteries and the charger doesn't kick in. Umm, weird. So he goes to drive it and it moves 5 feet and then nothing. Well, needless to say he is pretty upset. I figured somebody on here could point us in the right direction since I have used this site more than a couple times with trouble shooting. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mcguire22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bad boy buggy

Lets start with the basics: What does he have for batteries? What is the pack voltage? Use a digital volt meter if at all possible because those tenths and hundredths of a volt DO matter sometimes. I've seem people put in wrong batteries, or get one of the wires wrong and the voltage that's left is not enough to run the cart or for the charger to turn on.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

6.1 on all batteries. They are made by east penn supposedly. They are black with a red z on top. I will get him to check the total voltage and update. Batteries are hooked up correct because I have a 2011 bad boy with the same layout and there the same as mine.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:46 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

6.1 volts on each battery? How many batteries? My concern is that you may have 36 volts worth of batteries (6 x 6 volts) in a 48 volt cart. That would not be enough to make it work.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:50 AM   #5
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

No, it is 8 six volt batteries. Six under the seat and two under the hood

Old 10-03-2017, 05:07 AM   #6
mcguire22
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

So figured it out today when he had time to bring it to me. One of the new batteries had reversed polarity...... replaced battery under warranty and she runs like a top now

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO