lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #11
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: NO SPEED, new Alltrax & Admiral B2

I'm only getting a top speed of 19mph now. With the stock motor and controller I was getting 21mph. Could this be a problem even with the Moniter RPM unchecked on the controller? Batteries are fine, 38.4v on pack and 6.4v on each one.
Gibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2017, 12:26 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibb View Post
I'm only getting a top speed of 19mph now. With the stock motor and controller I was getting 21mph. Could this be a problem even with the Moniter RPM unchecked on the controller? Batteries are fine, 38.4v on pack and 6.4v on each one.
The XCT-PDS family of controllers use speed sensor data as an integral part of the field mapping, so you don't get max performance (top speed or low end torque) without working speed sensor connected to the XCT and the "Enable Speed Limit" (Or Monitor RPM - or whatever it is called in the current software) box checked in the program.

In an earlier post, you stated you didn't get beeps or regen braking when your push cart by hand (Walkaway safety feature not working), so the XCT is not getting a speed sensor input for some reason. Get that fixed and your cart will probably start working like it ought to.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #13
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Jonnie that's what I was hoping I'm at a stand still with the troubleshooting, hoping Scotty gets back to me. I did check all 3 wires for continuity and they're good. Also checked the magnet to see if it got damaged in shipping, its good. Not sure what voltage should be on J1 with the new controller, is it the same as a stock one?
Old 10-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure what the voltage from an XCT ought to be, but the Hall Effect sensor used are pretty much the same electrically and operate over a fairly wide voltage range. The sensor on my D&D motor operates from -4.5VDC to +24VDC, so I suspect the voltage from the XCT will be in that range, probably more than 10V but less than 20V.

The black wire is negative and the red wire is positive. The other wire is the signal.

If you connect the negative test lead from your DVM to the black wire, the signal will be a string of positive going pluses. Four pulses per motor RPM since you have a 4-pole magnet disk on the armature shaft.

The might be a slight positive voltage on the signal wire (white or green) when the motor isn't spinning because there might be a pull-up resistor between the positive voltage and the signal wire within the XCT, but as the motor increases in RPM, the positive voltage on the signal wire ought to increase in value.

If you can access the wires attached to the motor with your DVM test leads, that is were to measure the voltages.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:10 PM   #15
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm getting a reading of 4.1v from the blk and red wires by the motor. Should I be putting the blk from the DVM on B- to check the voltage ?
Old 10-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibb View Post
I'm getting a reading of 4.1v from the blk and red wires by the motor. Should I be putting the blk from the DVM on B- to check the voltage ?
What the sensor sees is the voltage between the black and red wires, so measure from the black wire to the red wire.

That seems a bit low. What is the voltage at the controller end of the cable?

Give Alltrax a call and ask the what the voltage ought to be.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #17
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
What the sensor sees is the voltage between the black and red wires, so measure from the black wire to the red wire.

That seems a bit low. What is the voltage at the controller end of the cable?

Give Alltrax a call and ask the what the voltage ought to be.

It's the same 4.1 V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That is lower than I expected coming out of the XCT, but it might be correct.

Only suggestion at this point is contact Alltrax on Monday and ask. They might have some other tests to check a speed sensor. (If they do, let us know what they are.)
Old 10-01-2017, 05:38 PM   #19
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe Scotty will chime in by tomorrow but either way I will definitely update what I find out. Thanks for your help Johnnie[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #20
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I just got off the phone with Ron from Alltrax and he said there's no other special tests. I do have a bad sensor and with the Alltrax controller voltage should be around 5v give or take a volt he said (Red & Blk wires). The push tests is a good test, also a low speed with the RPM box unchecked is a bad sensor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO