lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2017, 10:06 PM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post

Paying $27 I was a bit skeptical to say the least but what the hell? It’s $27. All I can say is wow This thing is super bright! I don’t know about longevity but right now I’m loving it! I’m sure he one Nuke installed is a better quality bar because you usually get what you pay for but for now I’m satisfied. I’ll try to get a pic of it lit up at night for you.
Well...for $27 this may be worth rolling the dice.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2017, 10:14 PM   #12
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Well...for $27 this may be worth rolling the dice.
It has around 3000 reviews on Amazon with 4.5 stars. I'd say it's worth a shot.
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:54 PM   #13
Aburdett
Not Yet Wild

Default Halogen vs LED lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Curious. What brand do you have? Have you checked your lightbar with a lightmeter at the proper distances, or at least an ammeter to see if it drawing the rated current? How many thousand hours has yours been working? I am not defending Rigid or any other company but you usually get what you pay for.

Not sure on brand. No test on lumens or side by side comparisons on rigid output either. I’ve got 2 smaller versions and one larger version on my hwy tractors as well. 5 years running no issues. Just made sure I bought ip67 rated and Cree led bulbs. Tried to buy with a diffuser that looked like it would do what I want. The larger ones are combos and on the rzr it sure lights a field up at night.

If you get what you pay for the rigid would have to last 20 times as long and be 20 times as bright. These lights are more than capable for a machine that can do 70 mph should be fine for a golf cart.
Aburdett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:54 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I am quite sceptical of the "lumens claims" of all led stuff, but I switched to a Led light bar to replace my two 55w halogen headlights years ago (better than the ezgo 37.5w bulbs). I would never go back. Always bright, engine running, or not. Do it! You will wonder why it took you so long. When you see street signs, they are blazing with their reflected light. You will love what you been missing. More light, and less power used.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:07 AM   #15
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

LEDs are really great, but also know they are very glaring to people looking at you. For the OP, it won't matter. He's heading out of the woods. For the other people I see driving their carts to/from the local park with light bars, it's a pain in the butt.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
LEDs are really great, but also know they are very glaring to people looking at you. For the OP, it won't matter. He's heading out of the woods. For the other people I see driving their carts to/from the local park with light bars, it's a pain in the butt.
Yes. It's always "wise" to consider your specific application when considering the option's available. A person can spend a lot of money on "stuff" that they really don't need. OTOH....."need" is much different than "want." When your in the "want" factor......price can go out the door!!

I just placed the order for the light bar. I also got the waterproof switch, fused, wiring "harness" as well. Another $11.....but someone has to make a buck!!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #17
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes. It's always "wise" to consider your specific application when considering the option's available. A person can spend a lot of money on "stuff" that they really don't need. OTOH....."need" is much different than "want." When your in the "want" factor......price can go out the door!!

I just placed the order for the light bar. I also got the waterproof switch, fused, wiring "harness" as well. Another $11.....but someone has to make a buck!!

Did you get the one on amazon?
Old 10-07-2017, 07:36 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
Did you get the one on amazon?
Yes. The 20" model from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-07-2017, 07:53 AM   #19
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Post back and let us know how you like it. Thanks
Old 10-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

The "package" is suppose to be here on Tuesday the 10th. I'll keep you posted. The install may or may not occur this week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO