lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #21
Freckles
Gone Wild

Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

My 12" el cheapo ebay light bar was WAY too bright to run on the roads! I can't imagine how bright a 20" would be.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #22
ScottA58
Not Yet Wild

I have a 30" lightbar on top of my cart, a 20" green lightbar on my front basket, and a 6" lightbar on top facing rearward.

That being said, will the headlights for a Bad Boy Classic fit an EZGO ST? I believe they do. Here are LED versions of those headlights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Head-Lig...-/281594973504
ScottA58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well, I started the install of my 20" LED. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Up front the unit is made of aluminum, has decent mounts that are adjustable, and the back of the unit was (it looks like) cast to have a bunch of fins that appear to be a heat sink. The mounting brackets are fine. So....the unit seems very solid.

I also ordered a waterproof fused wiring harness for it. That "doubled" the cost....well...almost, but the harness is a decent unit.

I started to do my install today. I mounted it under my Lexan roof so that it was protected from the weather and still allow full use of my windshield. I'll post some pics when I get it done. It's a "process" for me to do the install because of my disease\disability.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #24
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Don't worry about the weather, it's waterproof. One considerationcame to mind though, make sure it is out far enough in front to NOT allow ANY light to hit or reflect in your windshield or lexan roof. It will turn your windscreen white at night and you won't be able to see diddly.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #25
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Well, I started the install of my 20" LED. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Up front the unit is made of aluminum, has decent mounts that are adjustable, and the back of the unit was (it looks like) cast to have a bunch of fins that appear to be a heat sink. The mounting brackets are fine. So....the unit seems very solid.

I also ordered a waterproof fused wiring harness for it. That "doubled" the cost....well...almost, but the harness is a decent unit.

I started to do my install today. I mounted it under my Lexan roof so that it was protected from the weather and still allow full use of my windshield. I'll post some pics when I get it done. It's a "process" for me to do the install because of my disease\disability.

Glad you’re making progress. Looking forward to pictures.
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #26
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Don't worry about the weather, it's waterproof. One considerationcame to mind though, make sure it is out far enough in front to NOT allow ANY light to hit or reflect in your windshield or lexan roof. It will turn your windscreen white at night and you won't be able to see diddly.
Thanks for the info\advise!! Actually, I installed it under for the protection from low hanging tree branches and vines. I "plow" thru those and if this were on the top, it wouldn't last long.....I "move" some good size branches....like up to 3" in diameter.....some move, some break.

But I never considered the light reflection. OTOH, my "windshield" is really more of a wind\rain blocker as it has so many scratches and "scars" that it's tough to see clearly thru. Yeah.....I drive it mostly with the top section folded.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #27
Bigd3077
Not Yet Wild

I went from stock halogen, to HID bulbs. Loved them, very bright. I recently switched to LED headlights and tail lights, and added a 20" lightbar on a brush guard, and 38" on my top. I turn night into day.......
Bigd3077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #28
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok....so far I have the light bar mounted to the Lexan roof. Just a few things to note.....since I just finished tightening up everything.

First, the bolts are metric...so I can only assume the threads would be metric as well. (This unit is made in China) You get exactly what you need....so be careful when your screwing in those 8 small ones.

Here is it mounted.....before I adjusted it "forward" and secured it.

Here are the provided bolts on top of the Lexan. I only show this as you can add lock washers (again metric threads) or what I will do is put a dab of locktight on each one. I would double nut it.....but I'm not going to the hardware store.

I "rolled" the light all the way to the up position....so I could get the small bolts to start in the light holder.

This picture shows me tightening the small bolts. I would advise, since you can spread the holder (where the small bolts mount the holder to the bar) to plan on keeping the holder as far out as you have tools for to tighten up the small bolts. I didn't think of that.....but luck would have it that I had a deep well 10mm socket that made it work.

So....that's it for the light bar itself. I now have to route the wiring and figure out where to put the on\off switch.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #29
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lookin good. You might consider painting that aluminum channel that goes across in front [I assume it is a roof stiffener], flat black cause it's going to catch light and reflect it right down right in front of you, not ideal.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Lookin good. You might consider painting that aluminum channel that goes across in front [I assume it is a roof stiffener], flat black cause it's going to catch light and reflect it right down right in front of you, not ideal.
That's a good idea. Thanks! Actually that roof support is the "old" roof struts from the factory roof. The Lexan was a little to big to go unsupported. When I would be going 70mph down the turnpike with the cart in the truck bed, the Lexan would vibrate like crazy!! I was concerned it would shake loose or crack the supports and end up in someone's car. The old roof supports worked out really well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO