lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
Binky79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo light questions

I purchased a 2004 ezgo 6 seater and it has a headlight with turn signal bulbs in it.. Also has small round tail light. One lights up dim. Other lights up bright. But there is no switch for anything. Is there a way to convert it for turn signals brake lights etc.
Binky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
Binky79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo light questions

Anyone ever converted one!?
Old 11-25-2017, 11:49 PM   #3
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Without pictures, no much members will be able to help you.

Two possibilities, or it is a kit and you are missing parts (switches, command, even perhaps harness), or it was just installed as such and not finished... In any case, you should be able to connect everything by yourself or with help of a friend knowing electricity if you do not.
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think what you have is a "basic" kit - just headlights & tail lights. The light housings themselves will have the marker/turn light bulbs and lenses but only as running lights. You don't have the brake and turn signal switches, or the wire harness to make them work that way. The tail lights have both elements in the bulbs but should only use the dim element. If one is bright it may have been wired up wrong, bulb put in wrong - something like that. Most suppliers sell the switches and wiring harness to support turn & brake lights as a kit with the light assemblies included - which may or may not look just like the assemblies you already have on your cart,
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:39 AM   #5
Binky79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply guys. I called ezgo and they gave me the part number for the turn signal kit so that will solve that issue. I will then have to get some sort of brake lights as well. I noticed under the front seat near the brake booster a cable that is not connect to anything zap strapped up it is a flat connected with a few wires so I'm wondering if this has something to do with brakes
Old 12-03-2017, 06:23 AM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is the headlight a single (cyclops) light? You said there is no switch. Do the lights turn on with the key? Any chance you can post pictures?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 12:45 AM   #7
Binky79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

20171111_132456.jpg

Here is a front picture. It turns on With the key in the light position
Old 12-04-2017, 08:01 AM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The lights operating with the key switch indicates a factory light system. There are connections already in place as part of the wiring harness for the factory turn signal kit. Remove the top of the cup holder and you will find them in there. The rear lights should have 3 wires going to them but only 2 are connected. You have to swap out one of the connections on each light for the turn signals. This should all be in the instructions and you may already know this since you talked to EZGO. The rear bulbs are likely standard 1157. If desired you can get LED replacements from auto parts stores or even walmart.
Some carts with factory lights came with brake lights also. Look at the brake pedal arm and see if there is a grey wire zip tied to it. (the grey wire is just a sleeve containing 2 smaller wires). Even if that wire isn't there, look closely at the brake pedal. On carts with brake lights, the big part of the pedal "floats" a little on 2 springs and there is a micro switch in there. Over time the springs may break and fall out but if you can wiggle the pedal a little then the cart was built with brake lights. If the big part of the brake pedal is solid, no play at all then no brake lights. There is a rebuild kit for the brake pedal if needed.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #9
Binky79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I noticed that there is 4 wires at each taillight. 2 are connected 2 are not. The lights factory in the rear are just small round lights the size of a quarter. I am going to replace them with a aftermarket light anyway in the rear. I will have to have a look at the pedal and see what I can find. How do I remove the cup holder?
Old 12-04-2017, 04:51 PM   #10
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Those rear lights don't sound like OEM (factory).

For the cup holder look here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ez-go-txt.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO